Tuesday 29 September 2015

Shibui Tea: White Peony


With one or two exceptions, I pretty much love all tea. I have my favourites, but I am incredibly lucky in as much as I see each tea individually and every tea, be it green, black or white has it's own qualities.

I like black tea because it's punchy, strong and can take pretty much any flavour, whether it be floral or fruity. Green tea is soothing and nice to relax to, and I love white tea because it's both delicate and, at the same time, somewhat earthy and tastes very natural.

But, white tea is hard to handle due to it's delicate nature. And I somewhat strayed from using it frequently until I got the tea maker which is excellent as it boils water to the perfect temperature and infuses for the perfect amount of time.

However, it's worth the effort, especially when you come across a fabulous white tea like Shibui's  wonderful White Peony.

White tea is produced from the buds and young leaves of the tea plant, and get's it's name from the silvery hairs that are found on the unopened bud, giving the plant a white hue. It only needs infusing for a couple of minutes at most as it tends to go bitter very quickly.

This afternoon, on my day off from work, I decided to try Shibui's White Peony. I have been drinking lots of green tea so thought it would make for a wonderful change.

As the tea infused I really enjoyed the lovely, earthy aroma that you get from this tea. It's tea in it's purest form and I was interested to see what it tasted like.

White Peony is a smooth and mellow tea and is a very fine example of  a white tea.

It is incredibly light and refreshing, whilst retaining a great deal of flavour, so you can enjoy a unflavoured tea but still come away with plenty of taste and flavour. What I really love is you take a sip of this tea and there is a almost vanilla like sweetness to it, and this only enhances the attractiveness of this tea.

White Peony comes in a silky pyramid which is made from a smooth but strong material meaning no tea leaks out of the bag, or it's attached tag rips off. It's lovely to the touch and is filled with a generous quantity of tea.

If you pop over to the white peony page on the company website you will see that the tea is available in a really attractive caddy and is available in pyramids of 15 or 60.  Honestly - I'd go for the 60 as this is a really enjoyable tea and I'm positive you'd love it.

This is ideal for those who are starting out taking their tea without milk as it's so gentle and fragrant and will help you get used to tea without milk in a easy and enjoyable way. It's incredibly refreshing too, especially on those warm days!

As I said earlier, this is a fine example of white tea and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a pleasure to drink this tea!

If you've not tried white tea, why not get it a go. You won't be disappointed. If you fancy a little bit of luxury then look no further. I was extremely pleased to have gotten the chance to experience this wonderful tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment