Saturday 28 June 2014

Teavivre: Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea


This evening I have another review from the excellent Teavivre.

I have kindly been sent several of their tea's so I just dived right into the box and choose this one at random!

The tea I've picked is called Lu Shan Yun Wu Green Tea.

As you can see in the picture below this blend of tea is made up of very, very small leaves.


They have a green and silver colour to this tea, it's quite a firm tea, and a teaspoon goes a long way!

Upon opening the sealed packet the blend had a strong aroma to it which reminded me of chocolate. It is a very strong tea which has a sweet smell and is very inviting.

Brewing instructions for this tea is between 3-5 minutes so I erred on the side of caution and brewed the tea for just three minutes. It took on a light green colour which is very attractive to look at.

When brewing the scent changes. It goes from a chocolate scent to a nutty/popcorn aroma which I thought was very interesting.

Lu Shan Yun Wu has a smooth, nutty flavour, something akin to Yunnan or Keemun in black tea. It's rich and though it has strength it's also subtle too.As the tea cools the nutty flavour is enhanced and reminds me of hazlenuts!

This is a really lovely blend of green tea and am so glad I got the chance to try it.

It's smooth and soothing - perfect to unwind to after a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment