Wednesday 11 May 2016

Blendology: Recover Tea


Today I am reviewing something totally different. A tea company that is new to me, Blendology who have three blends of tea that are not just lovely and tasty, but which serve a purpose - to make us all feel better.

The lovely Ellie contacted me recently about their lines of functional teas - tea's which have a purpose other then to taste lovely - and very kindly sent me a pack of samples of each of their tea's, Engery, Sleep and Recover.

Today I'm reviewing the Recover tea.

Functional tea's have really taken off in the last couple of years. They can range from tea's with added vitamin's to boost your immunity and shake off that dreadful cold you've had. Or, they can detox you, helping you feel better and look slimmer, or they can relax you before bed and aid a night of restful sleep.

These functional tea's are usually blends of different herbs that not only come together to form a tasty drink, but also make you feel better, healthier or energised.

On the Blendology website they themselves say that these functional tea's have been three years in the making, and have chosen ingredients that work well to aid your health and to taste delicious.

I wasn't sure which one to choose first so opted for Recover. This tea has been made to help you detox and recover from the fast pace of life. I think I gravitated towards this tea as I work in a supermarket, and can be on my feet up to ten hours a shift, and by the start of my days off I am shattered and achy. This, I feel, was the perfect tea to start with!

Recover contains several ingredients. There are: Nettle leaf, Peppermint Leaf, Burdock Root, Dandelion Root and Artichoke leaf - all very healthy and natural.

Each pyramid is made from a wonderful silky mesh and contains exactly 3.5g of tea.

The aroma when I opened the packet was lovely and minty. I have had a bit of a love hate relationship with mint tea but have grown to be quite fond of it, especially if it's combined with other flavours. It was refreshing and I was instantly looking forward to trying this tea.

I popped three pyramids into the teapot and let it brew. There were not brewing instructions contained on the information so I let it steep for a few minutes then removed the bag.

I would like to say though that this review is not about the health benefits of the tea as that will be hard to judge after only a pot of tea, but I will write about the flavour.

Today has been busy so after all of my chores were complete, and the casserole was in the oven I settled down to try this wonderful concoction.

This, by no means, is a delicate tea. It's not one of those herbal tea's that taste of very little indeed. This tea has flavour, punch, strength and more then a generous amount of kick!

I have tried nettle tea before and I absolutely love the earthy element to it. It's something to get your teeth into! I find nettle has a full, rounded flavour, that supports other elements in a blend, be it other plant elements or fruits. Sipping this tea was like saying hello to a old friend.

The peppermint brought a familiar, sweet flavour to this healthy tasting tea. It rolls over the tongue midway through the sip and your taste buds dance along with it. I found it a refreshing element to the tea and something that spiced the blend up, bringing a tasty element that was both pleasant and warming. The burdock root is most likely also responsible for this gentle, sweet element. I have tasted this once before and it's utterly gorgeous.

This is a blend that has many different layers and they do not hit you all at once but in various parts of the sip you get different flavours. There is a slight bitter edge to this tea, which I think, may of come from the dandelion leaf. It's not unpleasant, but it does take the edge off the natural sweetness.

I found Recover to be a tasty blend, and I enjoyed drinking it whilst relaxing and watching a couple of episodes of Tales Of the Unexpected which is an all time favourite of mine! And it's a herbal tea that I do, actually, find to be tasty rather then bland and mess of nothingness. It also makes a tasty different to chamomile which can vary in quality and taste, depending on who is producing it.

Overall I was impressed with this blend of tea, and most certainly am looking forward to trying the other two blends over the coming weeks. I think the reason this tea was enjoyed so much is I love the pure, natural, earthiness of this tea. I love how healthy it feels to drink, you feel as though it's something that will really do you good. I love nettle tea's, peppermint tea's, all of that kind of thing so I enjoyed this very much.

It may be best though to bear in mind that this is quite far away from your usual cuppa. So please, do expect something totally different to what you may be used to! The unique blends of flavours will most likely suit all types of taste, but still, it's quite unusual.

I think those that love green tea, especially in it's purest form will really enjoy this. I can say this with confidence as I know many green tea lovers who also enjoy herbal tea's and all the wonderful flavours they bring with them. And if you are feeling stressed or simply overloaded with day to day life, do take a few minutes out to try this wonderful tea - and enjoy it in peace and quiet.

I'm really impressed with Blendologly and look forward to what wonderful and marvelous herbal tea's they come up with in the future!










No comments:

Post a Comment