Tuesday 21 April 2015

Northern Tea Merchants: Passion Fruit Black Tea

(Northern Tea Merchants Passion Fruit black tea. A gloriously black tea with hints of bright orange colour, making a tea that makes a visual impact.)

In London the weather has been warm. Sometimes it's been stifling hot (for people like me who do not deal well with heat!) but mostly it's been pleasantly sunny, warm and everyone has a spring in their step. And Northern Tea Merchants rather lovely Passion Fruit Tea makes life feel just that little bit extra summery.

I'll readily admit that I'm rather compulsive when it comes to tea and there is nothing I like to do more then window shop for tea, and Northern Tea Merchants is my favourite website to window shop on. I have had my eye on Passion Fruit Tea for some time and just recently brought myself a tester of 50g's.

This afternoon I've enjoyed my second pot of this fruity tea and am really impressed.

As normal when the tea arrived I placed it in a caddy and I was hit by a wonderful aroma of passion fruit, a fruit that I really enjoy either as a fruit or in desserts - and now in tea.

It's a really well blended tea and I just love how it looks. The tea is stark black and the passion fruit brings a shining bright contrast of colour. This tea looks how it taste's - bright, inviting and full of sunshine.

I loaded up the trusty tea maker. Now I normally put a teaspoon in per cup and a additional spoon "for the pot". However with this tea, I found it came out quite strong so on my second infusion cut out the extra spoon for the pot and found it made a better cup of tea. In this case, less is certainly more.

The tea steeps to a dark amber colour. The aroma is a fruity and ever so slightly floral, too, so it's a interesting blend to taste, smell and look at.

 (With it's wonderful aromatic elements, this tea is nice to look at and tasty to drink).

Passion Fruit Tea is made up of black tea from China, passion fruit leaves and also has passion fruit oil blended into the mix too so it's highly flavoured and quite strong, too. Of course, with a tea such as this, it's perfect on it's own so you don't need to add milk or sugar.

This tea has a robust flavour that I immediately loved. I think the strength of flavour is possibly because the tea is flavoured with a exotic fruit rather then traditional fruits that are added to tea such as lemon, apple and strawberry.

It's a well rounded tea and I like the fact that it's not overly sweet, and perfectly compliments the Chinese black tea which, naturally, is of the finest quality (we don't expect anything less from Northern Tea do we?).

The passion fruit is a delicious addition and is just about as perfect as it can get for this time of year. It's extremely refreshing and is calming, but it's sparky and interesting at the same time. It's very different but has the tasty familiarity that I love with Northern Tea Merchants because their black tea is nothing else but perfection in a cup. 

This tea is absolutely perfect for those who like fruit but perhaps needs something a bit meatier then a fruit infusion tea. I love the added exotic fruit flavouring it's something different from the traditional.

I love how the taste lingers ever so gently in the mouth for a long while after you've finished your cup of tea, and it's a moreish cup of tea. I can easily finish off a pot in no time, which is a great compliment to the tea itself.

Of course, the tea isn't just made of up flavouring. The base tea is gorgeous too, and it's full bodied, robust and pleasant on the tongue. That's one of the many reasons I love Northern Tea. I can rely on them to provide a high quality tea, blended with wonderful flavours to create a super cup of tea.

This tea is light and refreshing and would go well with desserts that contain fruits like peach or apricots, be it in a tart or a crumble. Also, it goes well with caramel flavoured treats too.

I loved this tea because you get something tasty and fruity and zingy but still have the satisfaction of having a black tea base. Truly, it's the best of both worlds.

I've tried a lot Northern Tea Merchants fruity black tea's. These have included: Mandarin Black Tea, Strawberry Black Tea and Apple Black Tea. But I think I'll go as far as to say that this is my favourite of the fruity tea's because it's something just that little bit different, followed sharply I think by the Mandarin.

If you're looking for something light, refreshing that is suitable for the summer months then do give this tea a try. It's fruity and flavoursome and it's a tea that will really impress any guests you may have.

It's also a great tea to have if you're new to drinking tea without milk (and I've heard of several tea drinkers who have given up milk recently!) because it has a wonderful flavour and will ease you into drinking tea without milk easily and gently.

And, in the winter months this will remind you of the hazy summer days we are currently enjoying!

What's not to like about Passion Fruit Tea? I can't find a single fault!




3 comments: