Friday 10 April 2015

White2tea: OBSX Oolong Tea

(This oolong is of a fantastic black colour, long leaved and crunchy to the touch).

Today I have decided to review a fantastic tea from White2tea. This tea is a gorgeous, tasty oolong called Obsx - Wuyi Yancha.

The OBSX element of the name is a little different but according to White2tea's website, they explain the name this way "The name “obsx” is an acronym for old bush shui xian. Shui Xian is the name of the Narcissus flower in Chinese (and also the name of this type of Wuyi Yancha oolong). Old bush refers to the older age of the bushes from which the tea was harvested in Fujian province". 

I loaded up the trusty old Sage tea maker, pressed the oolong button for a medium infusion and just sat back and waited for the tea to infuse.

Whilst I was waiting I had a look at the remaining tea leaves and it's one of the most interesting tea's to look at. The colour of the tea is dark black and it's stunning to look at. The leaves are extremely long, and this made for a exceptionally interesting to look at tea.

The aroma of the tea is slightly nutty. It's a tea for all senses as it looked interesting, smelt divine and felt really crunchy in your hands.

This oolong brewed to a lovely golden colour and I poured a cup. This was the first cup of the day, which I treasure, as my senses seem to be a bit heightened at that time of day. I couldn't wait to experience this tea.

And it was pure joy to drink.

Obsx Oolong has a depth of flavour that goes beyond wonderful. It's rich and mellow and full of flavour, and for me anyway, it's the perfect cup of tea to get me up and going in the morning.

This oolong reminds me slightly of white tea, it has the fresh, pure element to it which I enjoy when drinking white tea, yet has the robustness of a black tea.

Even though this is a full bodied tea, there is a gentle sweetness too which compliments the earthy, grassy elements to the tea. 

As a blogger it's hard to admit when you feel lost for words when describing a tea. But that's how I feel. I feel that this tea is possibly the hardest to describe.

But I will say that I love this tea. I love the purity, I love the grassiness, I love the strength, yet, at the same time, the delicate qualities too.

This is a oolong tea of a superior quality and a sublime taste. It's makes for a perfect start to the day, and would be brilliant at the end of the day to unwind with after a busy day. What I'm trying to say is it's pretty perfect.

There is nothing to dislike about this tea.

Thank you to White2tea for giving me the chance to try this amazing oolong. I feel just that little bit happier that I had the chance to try this fantastic tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment