Friday 17 April 2015

t+ Wellness Tea: Raspberry And Pomegranate Boost


Today I thought it would be a great day to review my second tea that the lovely folks at t+ Wellness Drinks kindly sent me last month. This gorgeous tea is flavoured with Raspberry and Pomegranate.

The previous tea I have reviewed was their Apple and Blackcurrant tea and it was really rather tasty!

So, I just wanted to give you a little run down on t+ Wellness drinks. They are a new tea company but have a lot to offer. They provide healthy green tea's which come in a wide range of wonderful flavours, all with the added benefit of having vitamins A, B, C and E added. So it's not just tasty but healthy, too.

However, I would like to stress in this review as I did in my previous one that I am not commenting - or reviewing - the tea based on the health claims that are made about this tea. I'm reviewing it on the quality of the tea and the flavour only.

Let's get started, then!

Raspberry and Pomegranate is a flavoured green tea which comes in traditional and individually wrapped tea bags.

I have experimented with this tea and found that two minutes infusion time is just about perfect to make a super, fruity cup of tea.

As you can see in the photograph below, it brews to a lovely green colour!


I really enjoyed the last tea I tried from t+ so when I poured a hot cup of this tea from the tea maker, I was delighted at how fruity this tea smelt. It really is extremely pleasant and as I subsequently found out, it was a utter joy to drink.

The raspberry and pomegranate work really well together. I have tried this combination in tea's several times and although it's a popular blend with me, they can vary between being extremely sharp and bitter or overly sweet - this tea is neither. It's well blended and extremely refreshing, even on a particularly hot day as today.

The raspberry is very natural and tasty and just reminds me of succulent, freshly picked raspberries. The pomegranate adds a depth of flavour and there are also elements of peach included too. There is a slight kick to this tea which comes from the added cardamon.

On a hot day this is very refreshing, light and magical. On a cold day this will be comforting.

The green tea is of a wonderful quality and there is no bitterness or astringency either. It's a well rounded, full flavoured drink that will quench your thirst without a doubt.

Although flavoursome, this is a tea that is gentle on the tongue and is extremely pleasant to taste. It's great that the tea has the added benefits of having vitamins included, but you also get a wonderful cup of tea and not the perculiar flavour that you can get with other functional tea's.

This is just a "normal" tea (for what of a better expression) but has health benefits added too! It's a win win!

I think this would also be a great starter tea for people who are a little unsure about green tea. Let's face it green tea often get's a bad press because people often drink poor quality tea or are unsure how to prepare it and subsequently drink a fowl mess of a green tea. Due to it's perfectly blended flavours, this tea would provide drinkers with a fine cup of tea, enable them to gain the benefits of drinking green tea without the bitterness.

I really do wish the team at t+ plus every success with their tea's. And thank you for the samples - it's been absolutely brilliant trying your tea's!



No comments:

Post a Comment