Wednesday 29 January 2014

A Mango And Strawberry Delight

At the start of the year, every one goes fruit tea (and green tea) crazy. I did it myself last year, and have a fruit tea collection that could rival any supermarket. It's amused me greatly these past few weeks, wondering around various supermarkets seeing everyone fill up their baskets with all the lovely fruity tea.

It was lovely this week to have received a package from Twinings. A box of their fruit tea's to try, and review on this blog. I didn't really know which one to choose, so I went for Strawberry and Mango. I'm not a great lover of fresh strawberries, but I do love strawberry flavoured things (weird, I know!)and I love mango, either in fruit or juice form.


Like I said in a previous post, I adore the new packaging Twinings have come up with for their fruit teas, and this is just so pretty. I love the pinky, yellow colours. But, we can't judge a tea by it's box can we?

When I undid the box, I have to say, I didn't get a hint of an strawberry or mango aroma. It was a pleasant smell, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I was really intriqued as to how this tea was going to taste, and as I poured the water on the bag, I waited, and very quickly, I could smell strawberries. Not a strong scent of strawberry, but a delicate scent coming through.

The tea brewed to a lovely, dark red colour. That is one of the lovely things about fruit teas, they brew into wonderful colours, which is very pleasant on the eye.


Upon the first sip, I was interested that it wasn't the strawberry flavour that came through first, but the sweet taste of mango. The strawberry comes through almost as an aftertaste. It has a lovely, smooth texture, that is easy on the tongue.

Strawberry and Mango are a perfect pairing, and not one that most people would immediately put together, so the blenders at Twinings have done fabulously well in dreaming up this combination. It's a lovely blend. The only criticism is that the flavours are delicate, but could do with being a little stronger. I use two bags to make a stronger brew, so it would be nice if the flavours could be a little more full on.

Would I buy a box of strawberry and mango? Yes, I would. I'm sure it will make a wonderful summery blend. It's light and refreshing, but more suited to warmer days when you need a lighter tea.

Summary of Strawberry And Mango

- Brew for as long as you wish. But if you want a stronger flavour, I'd suggest using two tea bags to get a fuller tasting brew.
- Strawberry and Mango is available in boxes of 20 for approximately £1.30.
- No milk or sweeteners needed.

1 comment:

  1. Dear friend you did a perfect review and I totally agree with you I think that some infusion tastes are not so strong as I wrote you in an e-mail, this is the difference I talked you about the other brand I use too.
    Anyway I love Strawberry and Mango infusion also if my fav one is Peach and Passion Fruit.

    ReplyDelete