Friday 31 January 2014

Twinings Everyday Tea: A Beast Of A Brew

Today, I was standing in the kitchen deciding what tea to have. I love the floral range, but am running dangerously low on them, didn't fancy Ceylon or Keemun or Yunnan. Then I spotted the three packets of Everyday Tea samples that Twinings had packed with my recent orders, and decided to give it a go!


Since I had to stop drinking cow's milk due to dairy irritating my skin, I've stepped back a little bit from drinking tea's like Assam, thinking, that they would be too intense without milk.

Twinings Everyday Tea blend, I think, is one of their most popular blends. Whenever I go into any supermarket and browse the tea aisle, the section on the shelf where Everyday is held is either completely empty, or it looks like a tornado has blown through it, with only the damaged boxes perching on the edge of the shelf. The fact you can buy these in packs as little as 40 and as large as 240 goes to show how popular it is. (Decaffeinated version also available).

Everyday Tea is a full bodied blend, and as you can see in the picture, it brews to a hearty, dark mahogany colour.


Everyday Tea is robust, strong and hits the spot. There is a wonderful selection of flavoured tea's, spiced tea, fruit teas, herbal teas and green teas. And I wouldn't be without them. But sometimes, all you want is good old fashioned, mighty brew, and you get this with Everyday Tea.

There is a mixture of tea's in this blend. One of them being a favourite of mine, Yunnan, but I think it gets it's strength from the Kenyan tea that is included in the blend.

Everyday Tea is designed to be brewed quickly. It is ready to drink in a minute, but can be left to brew for up to three. I tend to go for the two minute mark as any longer it tends to go a little too strong for my tastes. This tea is perfect if you like to use milk in your tea, and I think it would taste delicious with a good spoonful of sugar, too. But, because of it's strength, if you take milk black and unsweetened you still get a really satisfying brew.

Recently, Twinings have brought out different variations of the blend. As I mentioned you can get a decaffeinated blend. But you can also get a echinacea blend, a peppermint blend, a green tea blend and a redbush blend - so every taste is catered for.

If you like your tea strong and malty this is perfect for you. I really enjoyed my cup of Everyday Tea. I found it thirst quenching and satisfying. In fact, I may just treat myself to a box tomorrow ...

Summary of Everyday Tea

- Brew between 1 and 3 minutes. 1 minute is great, 3 is very strong.
- Can be taken either black or white, sweetened or unsweetened.
- Is available everywhere. Prices range from £1.99 to £7.49 depending on what size box you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment