Thursday 24 July 2014

Cup Of Tea: Winter Harmony Leaf Cup


It is, quite frankly, a tea lovers dream when a tea company contact you to say "would you like samples?". Without a doubt, the answer is "yes please!". 

To be honest, this week hasn't been the greatest for me. It's really hot here in the UK, and I don't deal with heat well. I can't sleep, can't eat and my eczema has flared up, so all in all, it's pretty glum. When I received a lovely email from Simon, from Cup Of Tea it cheered me up no end.

In the package he sent me were some really special new teabags called Leaf Cup. The flavours are really varied from the lovely Winter Harmony (which I'm drinking now) to English Breakfast. Every taste is catered for.

Leaf Cup contains loose tea in a handy and convenient bag which is more like a traditional teabag then say a silky pyramid. At one end there is a hook which you can place over the handle of your cup, as you can see below.


This is the view from inside the cup. Yes, my cup is shameful. I've been drinking a lot of Jasmine Pearls which has stained the cup. I'm rather embarrassed but haven't had the time to use soda crystals on the cup!

 
 Then, as you add the hot water to the cup, the teabag floats up and brews. You can see that the Winter Harmony tea brews into a very vibrant red colour.


Once the tea has infused you simply remove the paper hook from the handle of your cup and your tea is ready to drink!

I think this is a really clever invention. As I've said in previous blogs, loose tea is becoming ever more popular. Tea drinkers are now expecting better quality tea, and with loose tea you'll always get that. Leaf Cup is really clever because it's small enough to fit in a handbag or brief case so you can use them in the office or whilst out and about. You can have quality but on the move. And believe me, if you drink loose tea often enough, then you really don't want anything else. It's a portable way to enjoy good quality tea.

This afternoon I took one into a cafe, asked for a pot of hot water and hey presto, a decent cuppa instead of the rather bland blends said cafe uses!

I think it's a fabulous invention!

So, what does Winter Harmony taste like? Well ..... it's flaming gorgeous! It's a really rich tasting tea that is totally perfect all year round, but especially comforting, I think at winter time. Perfect for when your out and about at firework parties! It's one of those brews that warm you up from the inside. I know you'll probably think it's a bit odd that I chose this flavour when I've complained about the heat, but I'm really glad that I've tried it.

Winter Harmony has a strong flavour. It says on the packet that it's a "fruit infusion" but it doesn't state which fruits are in the blend, but I'm guessing it's contains something like raspberry or strawberry. The base of the fruit flavours is gorgeous but it's the added almond flavouring which really gives the tea it's wow factor.

I've never experienced almond flavouring in tea before but I'm so glad I have. It's just so succulent, so sweet and really moreish. Sadly, I've now finished my cup and I have only one of each flavour but the aroma in the empty cup is mouthwatering. In fact, the almond taste reminds me of cherry bakewell cakes. Scrummy. Oh what a joy this blend is!

I've been really impressed with Winter Harmony Leaf Cup. A really clever idea in addition to a flavour so gorgeously mouthwatering you feel disappointed when the cup is empty.

Thank you Simon for thinking of this blog and sending me these glorious samples. It's much appreciated (as you can tell!).

No comments:

Post a Comment