Sunday 6 July 2014

Tea: Sometimes You Fear The Worst And Are Plesantly Suprised!


Sometimes the need for tea is rather powerful, to say the least. And as I'm getting older, I seemed to have inherited from my late Dad, the almost constant, kettle never cold, tea drinking habit.

Yesterday, my boyfriend took me out to celebrate my birthday. Actually, my birthday was on Wednesday, but, as we own our own company, Saturday was the first day we could take off.

We live about twenty minutes (on the tram) away from Blackpool and about the same distance from Fleetwood in Lancashire. My other half planned a seriously good day out, and the weather was fantastic to boot.

Part of our day out was a trip on Blackpool's famous Piers, and when we ended up on South Pier I was desperate for a cup of tea. (I have a Bodum but had quite forgotten to use it!).

My boyfriend opted for a ice cream but he brought me a cup of tea which he paid the princely sum of ... £1! When standing at the kiosk, I saw the man working hard on the food he was selling so when he got to my cup of tea the bag was quickly dunked in the water, then taken out and a good splash of milk added (no sugar though!).

It was handed to me in this funky pink cup, but, I will admit to thinking it was going to taste downright awful.

I shouldn't of been quick to judge. It was actually a really good, decent, cup of tea. Solid, strong and tasty.

I'm not sure what brand of tea he uses but I expecting it was something like Tetley One Cup, or, even, Yorkshire tea. To be honest the poor chap was far too busy churning out chips and burgers to interupt (but, judging by the length of his que, and despite being surrounded by other food sellers, he was doing a roaring trade which means this chap is good at what he does) but I was impressed at his ability to make a decent cuppa.

So, if you're ever on Blackpool's South Pier, or near to it, and want a decent brew, then go to the chap opposite the stall that sells carvery roasts. He does a brilliant cuppa!

No comments:

Post a Comment