Sunday 6 July 2014

Kensington Tea Company: Summer Strawberry Green Tea

(Photo sourced from www.kensingtontea.com)

At the moment Wimbledon is on, so strawberries and cream are being mentioned quite a lot here in Britain, so it was quite timely that I received a sample of Kensington Tea Companies Summer Strawberry Green Tea.

I have tried strawberry in tea before but found the texture of the tea's a little strange, almost furry like. But, I'm always keen to try new things so decided to brew a cup of this tea after a long day out and see what it's like.

Upon opening the packet, the smell of strawberries is wonderfully strong. There  is a natural freshness to the tea.  It smelt devine.

I popped a good spoonful into my brand new Floatea whilst waiting for the kettle to cool down. When it was time to add the water I let it infuse for three minutes. Whilst infusing the smell of strawberries filled the kitchen which even prompted my boyfriend to ask if I had brought any and could he have some!

Settling down in front of the television I took my first sip. I could tell instantly the difference between a tea that has strawberry flavouring and a tea that uses real pieces within the leaves (which this does). The taste of this tea is so rich and moreish. There is no weird texture about it, it's smooth and creamy.

This is truly a heavenly tea. It's as good as a bowl of strawberries and cream, if your weight watching. The creaminess, which I think comes from the addition of hibiscus blossom (as I've experienced hibiscus blossom in a different blend of tea and it had a creamy taste to), is mouthwatering delicious. By the time you've finished your first cup, you are on the way to making a second!

There is a also a slight tangy element to the tea as well, something in the background that I couldn't quite work out. So, on this matter, I had to cheat and refer to the website in which I found out that the tea also contains kiwi which was a surprise!

Kensington Tea Company have been so clever with this blend of tea. They have managed to create something that, for a weight watcher, is as good as a dessert. I honestly feel that by taking this tea, when friends and family are having a dessert I'm not missing it out. It's so creamy and aromatic that if I close my eyes, I feel as though I'm having a big bowl of ripe and juicy strawberries that are oozing with thick Cornish cream.

But lets not forget that this is a tea! And, it's also a green tea too! I've not tried green tea with strawberry's before so I wasn't too sure what to expect.  But, the tea is light and quite honestly, you wouldn't know you were drinking green tea. It could simply be a fruit tea. So, this is a perfect blend for those who are not too keen on green tea, or, are afraid to try it because of it's usual strong taste.

I'm really thrilled to have tried Summer Strawberry Green Tea. I felt as though I had something very rich and indulgent but, in all reality, it's really healthy and good for you.

Another great aspect of this tea is you can reuse the same leaves up to three times without suffering any lack of quality, so this tea will last you ages!

A massive thumbs up to Kensington Tea Company for making the perfect summer tea blend, and for catching the very essence of our traditional summer time treat.


hibiscus blossom
hibiscus blossom




2 comments:

  1. Nice that you can have strawberries and cream guilt free :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is! It's so lovely and scrummy! A really lovely treat.

      Delete