Tuesday 1 July 2014

T Box Teas: Panakeia Oolong.


I was very excited to try T Box Teas Panakeia Oolong for several different reasons. Mainly though, because I've not yet tried an Oolong tea! I've been meaning to but I've just not got around to it quite yet.

I tried this tea on Sunday night. I was feeling tired, and my hayfever was making me feel a little under the weather, so I decided to try this new tea.

The tea comes in very silky teabags. There is a substantial amount of tea within the bag and it smells lovely. The description on the plastic outer cover said it contains ginseng too, which was brilliant as that is fabulous when you're not feeling quite yourself.

It stated that the tea should be brewed for between 3-5 minutes but I decided to let it infuse for just three minutes because, what with it being a new tea for me, I wasn't sure how strong it was likely to be.

When brewing, this tea smells gorgeous. There is a fruity element to it, something like passion fruit, but I couldn't be too sure. But, it was beyond pleasant. It smelt fabulous.

Panakeia Oolong brews to a divine dark, almost black, colour. Really stunning to look at.

The tea has a smooth, rich flavour. Most satisfying after a hard day or, as I was, not feeling quite yourself. It's warming and the fruity flavour is very delicate but adds an extra something to this wonderful blend.

Oolong is a Chinese tea with a slightly smoky (to my tastes, anyway!) taste to it, so the ginseng and added fruit add a sweetness to the rather robust tea. It reminds me almost of a cross between Assam and Yunnan.

It's a solid and strong tea, whilst at the same time, retaining a delicate aspect to it.

I found Panakeia Oolong to be really enjoyable, the perfect pick me up for a day when I wasn't feeling 100%.

It's tasty and delicious. I really enjoyed it!


No comments:

Post a Comment