Wednesday 13 August 2014

Canton Tea: Organic Arya Ruby First Flush Darjeeling


On Sunday, rather out of the blue, I had a knock on the door from a lovely friend of mine who had a treat for me. In a lovely little hand decorated bag there were two presents wrapped up. One present was Canton's Organic Arya Ruby First Flush Darjeeling and the second was this mug below, a little present reminding me of my home town.


It was really kind of her to think of me in such a considerate way. I have met a lot of friendly, generous people, and I'm still not totally sure why I deserve the sorts of gifts and samples that I receive but I surely do appreciate them!

I have reviewed other tea's from Canton, including their Classic Earl Grey and Green Jade Tips and I really liked them so was interested to try the Darjeeling considering I have really fallen in love with Darjeeling.

Organic Arya Ruby First Flush Darjeeling is a large leaved tea from India. When fully infused the tea takes on a gorgeous coppery tone. 

I brewed the tea for four minutes and the aroma was really lovely. It is freshly scented and has a lovely grassy aroma to it which I have found in other tea and which I fully enjoyed. 

Upon tasting I was really surprised. It is mellow and flavoursome, light and refreshing. This tea has different layers of flavours. 

Firstly it has the usual, reliable feel good factor of a really nice quality black tea. It gives you the satisfaction that you can only really get from a high quality tea. It's nice, totally not bitter and leaves a lovely refreshing feeling in your mouth. But, in addition, and this is hard to explain, it also has the lightness that you get from green tea. It feels as though you have the best of both worlds.

Alongside the fabulous flavour of the tea, there is a dark chocolate tone to this tea which is more readily picked up when the tea has cooled a little. It's very indulgent! I have to admit I didn't pick up the caramel tones that some have stated online, but for me that doesn't really matter. There is more then enough in this cup to keep you going!

There is another wonderful aspect to this tea, too. It leaves a sweet aftertaste in your mouth after you've finished the tea and it's gorgeous. 

I felt totally relaxed and spoiled rotten after drinking this tea. 

You can reuse the leaves up to three times. I will admit that I've not tried to as I'm frightened that the leaves will go slightly bitter but will be trying to reuse the leaves shortly. It's worth a try!

I'm really impressed with this tea from Canton. It's luxurious, you feel as though you've had a a real treat. It's moreish, creamy and perfect to serve up to guests after dinner. 

I would give this tea a go. I'm positive you wouldn't regret it. 

And why not go and treat yourself now? It's on special offer so bag yourself a bargain!


2 comments:

  1. My favourite Darjeeling by a long way. As long as you re-brew the tea at the correct temperature and not for too long it won't go bitter. 95C for 3 minutes is how I brew it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for replying, cardiffinateacup. I have really fallen in love with Darjeeling after FINALLY experiencing some really good quality blends. It's tasty and so mellow and I can finally get what it's considered the champagne of the tea world! Thanks for the advice re the rebrewing. Always been a little weary of rebrewing black tea but am fairly confident rebrewing green tea. Every time I've tried rebrewing black it goes bitter but am going to try. Wish me luck, I'm diving in!

    ReplyDelete