Thursday 14 August 2014

I Dream Of A River Of Tea ... Am I Obsessed?

(Photo sourced from google)

Quite recently, I've been struggling to sleep. The heat, coupled with a busy  mind has meant that I've spent hours awake during the night with not much to do but to lay in the darkness and think. Last night though, I managed to fall fast asleep and boy, did I dream!

I quite often have had a similar dream, but last nights was very vivid, full of colour and interest.

In this dream I float lazily on a river of tea, my boat being a china teacup that bobs up and down on the water. I remember vividly the lemon scent in the air, the gentle, warm breeze on my face, the sun sat high in the sky. On the banks of the river stood trees which had fingers of shortbread rather then branches.

In a odd way, the dream was a mixture of Alice in Wonderland and Willy Wonka. Describing it now it reads as more then a little odd, but whilst in progress the dream was something so beautiful that I did not want it to end.

Of course when things, events or people make such a impact in our lives that can often transcend into our dreams.

And, I guess, this is a good example of how much I love tea and the impact it has had on my life. 

For me, it's more then a drink. It's a friend, a support and a joy giver. So, that's why I love tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment