Friday 8 May 2015

Northern Tea Merchants: Gundpowder Green Tea


I love green tea. Of course, I love black tea too, but as we are coming up towards summer, and, hopefully, warmer weather, I find green tea is very refreshing when it's warm and my consumption of green tea during the hot months rises steadily. It has a pleasant lightness for me, and, not being able to deal with heat very well, it cools me and lays far less heavily on my stomach then black tea.

I'd like to think I'm a fairly experienced green tea lover. I love it in it's purest form, and I also like it with flavouring added too, normally with peachy or apricot sorts of flavours.

I also love Northern Tea Merchants and was very keen to try their Gunpowder Green Tea.

This unique green tea is just lovely. It's gorgeous to look at and it get's it's name from the fact that the curled up balls of green tea resemble the old fashion gunpowder. I love the nice clanking sound it makes in the caddy!

So, today, I loaded up the teamaker with four level teaspoons of this tea and watched it infuse, for three minutes.

(After a infusion period of three minutes the tea takes on a gorgeous, golden, honey coloured hue.)

I just loved the look of this tea. It infuses, as you can see above, to a golden honey colour and has a lovely, earthy aroma.

Gunpowder Green Tea is a wonderfully refreshing green tea that is gentle to the taste. It's light, pure and satisfying, but, it lacks all the "negative" sides green tea can have.

Firstly, this tea lack's any trace of bitterness that you can sometimes get with green tea. This bitterness can come from a poor quality tea or from incorrect brewing, but believe me, there is nothing nastier then a bitter, horrid cup of green tea.

To the taste buds this tea is smooth and slightly nutty (well to me it is!) and lovely to the taste. It makes your mouth feel really lovely and the organic taste the tea has lingers in the mouth for a while, too, making it a completely enjoyable experience.

It's a well rounded tea that is fully flavoured and creates a strong impression but is delicate and not at all overpowering, making it perfect for a evening drink in particular, allowing you to have a wonderful cup of tea without all the caffeine that could keep you awake! I have taken this tea with salad and the two worked really well together.

But I think what the most fabulous thing about this tea is that if you are new to green tea, this is the perfect green tea to start you off. It's gentle, tasty and wholesome and just the right type of green tea for beginners.

When people are new to green tea it can be confusing. There are so many green tea's out there, all with different brewing instructions that if not followed can put you off green tea forever. It's hard to know where to start, so why not start with Northern Tea's rather wonderful Gunpowder Green Tea.

Gunpowder Green really does make for a glorious cup of tea. It's extremely enjoyable, wonderful to relax with and just high quality - something you will come to expect and get with Northern Tea.

So if you are a green tea lover then add this to your collection - you won't be disappointed - and if you are thinking of trying green tea this is a must. It's a wonderful tea that will make you fall in love with green tea, I can promise you that.

And to Northern Tea, you never let me down with your quality tea. It's always a pleasure to drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment