Wednesday 29 March 2017

Basilur Tea: Kandy


I will admit there are many, many posts on this blog about a hugely varied amount of tea. But it's easier to find the words to write about highly flavoured tea, then it is to write about tea's that are not overly scented or are just plain and simple.

However, the delight of drinking a very high quality, pure tea, is out of this world. There is nothing like it, nothing as good for a hurt soul, or nothing as lovely to share through the good times. That, is why I love tea. For me it's not simply a drink, it's a comforter. It has many guises and does many different things for me!

Over the last couple of day's I've reviewed a lovely Cherry Sencha and a spicy chilli tea. So, in this review, I've opted for a tea that is far more subtle but is stunningly beautiful. That is refined but still impressive.

That tea is from Basilur Tea and is their Kandy blend.

Essentially, this tea is a pure Ceylon tea which has a ever so mild bergamot flavour. Simple? Yes. Delicious? Absolutely.

I loved this tea as it brewed. It went through several different colour changes till, after a four minute infusion time, it brewed to a lovely mahogany colour. Just beautiful.

As I cupped my hands round my lovely warm cup and took my first sip, I realised that there is nothing better, or nicer on earth then to taste a premium, high quality tea.  When a tea is such high quality, as this is, it's absolutely devoid of any bitterness or acidic qualities.

This blend is smooth, rich and full flavoured. As I stated in my blog about the recent Christmas tea I reviewed, I just love Ceylon tea, it has it's own unique qualities and to taste it in a pure form as it is here is lovely! I would highly recommend this tea if you're planning to start taking your tea black or without sugar, as it is strong enough to provide a decent cup of tea, but isn't too over powering as a blend such as Assam could be. I wish I had access to this tea when I decided to start taking my tea black.

But there is just a ever so slight flavour added to this tea that gives this tea it's own uniqueness. It has a very delicate bergamot flavour, making this tea a extremely mild Earl Grey. This gives the tea a little more depth. But it's so slight I would not class it as a Earl Grey tea. It just has hints of Earl Grey. As a Earl Grey lover this is enough to have put me totally in a spin - to say I was excited was a understatement!

I just thoroughly love this tea. I find it the perfect mix of pure, high quality tea, with a light twist of a gorgeous flavouring.

This is the ideal, perfect tea for afternoon tea and would go so well with a lovely, dainty cream cake. My old battered mug does this tea a huge disservice. It really ought to be sipped from a dainty cup and saucer, poured from your favourite teapot!

I really struggled to write this review as I can't seem to find the right words to describe this tea in the nicest way I can, except to say it's pretty perfect!

Don't forget to have a look around Basilur's website. There are so many beautiful tea's on there!





No comments:

Post a Comment