Friday 12 May 2017

The UK Loose Leaf Tea Company: Exotic Coconut


This evening I am drinking a tea that I really wasn't sure I was going to like. I'm not a great lover of coconut in any form and have picked up this tea and put it down again. Picked it up, then decided to review something else. However, I have been really surprised by my reaction to this blend. I have fallen head over heels with it, in fact.

The tea is from a fairly new tea company to me, The UK Loose Leaf Tea Company and the tasty blend is Exotic Coconut.

Last month I was very kindly contacted by the company after reviewing another of their blends that I had discovered through the teatourist tea subscription service. They kindly asked if I'd like to have some more tea's to review and I said yes. This blend was included in that parcel.

The tea came in quite a large packet so there is plenty of this tea to go round. It's a black tea that is beautifully dotted with colour from the additional ingredients. The splashes of bright orange come from the exotic Lulo fruit - which I admit I have never tried. The yellow comes from the added marigold, the blue from the safflower and of course, the bright white from the coconut. This tea is visually stunning.


The tea can be infused for 3-4 minutes. I over filled the teabag and steeped it for four minutes so that I can enjoy a hearty, tasty cup of tea.

As I said earlier I really am not a fan of coconut. It doesn't make me ill and I'm not coconut phobic, but I just can't get on with the weird texture coconut has. I can't stand it in cakes and desserts. Would I stand it in tea? So I was slightly sceptical about the tea. I honestly didn't think that it would be my thing.

Yet, from the very first sip, I fell head over heels in love. This is a perfectly blended cup of tea, the mixing process is just spot on. It's gentle, but fun and full of depth. It's snazzy and modern and yet traditional at the same time.

I've had a lovely day - there has been a lot going on. I have had a nice bonus from work this month, I've had some exciting news and the prospects of real change in my life. And as I sit here now, I feel really, really tired. If I was a two year old, I'd probably be described as "overtired". So when I flopped into bed with this tea, and when I took this first sip, I just instantly relaxed. Honestly. as soon as I tried the tea, I could feel my whole body just relaxing! It is a wonderful feeling.

The base tea in this blend is black tea and it's so lovely and smooth. It's quite a robust black tea that really holds it's own against the exotic flavour. But it's wonderfully smooth, rich yet not bitter, full flavoured but not overpowering. It's a really great tea.

Now, I will admit that I have no idea what Lulo fruit taste's like having never even heard of it before I received this tea in the post. But within this tea there is a slight tart flavour which I can only assume comes from the lulo fruit. It's a bit like pineapple or even lemon. Hard to put my finger on it. But the tartness does work well with the coconut.

But, oh my god, the gem of this tea is the very thing I thought would put me off the tea - coconut.  Devoid of that weird texture which I loathe, I was left solely with the taste and what a delightful taste it has. It's so wonderfully sweet. That sweetness is compatible totally with the tartness of the fruit and the richness of the actual tea. Those three flavours all work so well together that they achieve the best thing ever - bringing the  best out of one another. Their combined qualities make for a gorgeous cup of tea.

I love how refreshing this tea is. I was just so tired what I sat down to drink this tea and I feel revived, a lot calmer and very relaxed. This is the ideal in a tea - well for me anyway. Of course, taste comes first, but I also judge a tea by how it makes me feel. And this tea was perfect for what I needed tonight. It was as if my bestie were here giving me one of her fab bestie hugs!

What I really love is that gorgeous coconut flavour stays with you for ages after the cup of tea is finished.

This blend is genius and whoever created it has done a absolutely fabulous job. It's a great tea to serve instead of coffee after dinner, but saying that it's just as good first thing in the morning. It's a all day type of tea.

Exotic Coconut would be ideal to serve at a afternoon tea next to beautiful cakes.  And actually, it would be great to use as wedding favours too, as I think this would appeal to both men and women.

I am SO glad that I got to try this tea and I'm so glad that I really liked it, too! I was positive that I wouldn't so I was shocked that I loved it as much as I do.

I am also very glad that the pack is HUGE. I am hoping this tea will last me for a long time!







No comments:

Post a Comment