Thursday 4 May 2017

Basilur Tea: Cream Fantasy


It's been a difficult week here at Laura's Tea Room. After spending weeks desperately trying to avoid the stomach flu that seems to have done the rounds, I finally caught it. It's was really difficult. I felt physically awful, I felt as though I let my boss and my colleagues down as I couldn't go in and I was unable to drink tea. As I lay in bed feeling sorry for myself, all I could dream of was this particular tea. And I've had plenty of cups (which has aided recovery very well, by the way) which I've enjoyed.

Today has been the first day I've felt totally like normal Laura again and I'm eager to get back to my blogging. So much delicious tea to sample and wax lyrical about! Such is my love for tea and blogging that I genuinely miss it when I'm too busy or unable in some way to blog. And that was what was most frustrating about being ill - laying there with so many idea's yet with no energy to do anything with them.

The wonderful tea that I'm reviewing this evening is another tea from the fantastic Basilur Tea Company and it's their beautiful and classy Cream Fantasy Green Tea.

I have had the absolute pleasure of trying several of Basilur's tea's recently - and I mean that with all sincerity.  I love how they manage to present really inventive flavours but in such a pretty, traditional setting.

I also love the fact that they can take green tea, which can be robust, and turn it into a delicate, almost feminine tea. Something that can only be admired from a tea drinkers perspective. This blend is very, very different.

From the very first sip till the very last this is a smooth, refreshing and enjoyable tea. Light as air, but as satisfying and fulfilling as a hefty black tea.

This manages to capture everything that is wonderfully British in a tea. As you sip on this tea you are taken away to Wimbledon, to afternoon tea, to cream tea in the grounds of a stately home. From the lush greenery of Britain's countryside to the tea room's of our greatest hotels.

I infused this tea for just a few minutes and it brewed to a light honey colour - visually appealing I must say!

The green tea used in this blend manages to find the perfect balance of being flavoursome, so you can actually taste it amongst all the flavours, and yet not being overbearing. I like that it brings a simple earthiness to the tea which compliments the rich flavours. I was impressed by this fact alone! These are two flavour's that should be on the opposite end of the spectrum, yet work so well together.

Blended into the tea is a cream flavouring. This is easily detectable from the moment you pull open the sachet's that this tea comes in. Just like the White Magic blend I reviewed a short while ago, it's creaminess is appealing. It's sweet and mouthwatering and just as scrummy as it can possibly be. It's very smooth and does taste like cream, rather than vanilla which some blends have used. It is just like fresh cream and I have to say, I'm rather partial to it. You get all of the loveliness of cream without all the naughtiness (such as calories!).

And then comes the fruity, gorgeous taste of berries. It's brings a slight tartness to the blend - too much sweetness is not such a good thing. But I like that the added berries gives this tea a slight oomph to it.

Essentially, this is like a cream tea in a cup and Basilur have done so well to replicate the most tasty of afternoon treats. It is utterly, utterly mouthwatering. Moreish and honestly, after one cup you really do want to try more and more of it. It's a blend that never gets boring. I brought this on Easter Sunday after one hard shift and I have not regretted buying it for a second.

I have tried several dessert based tea's. Salted caramel, fudge, cherry bakewell, chocolate orange ... and they have nothing on this tea at all. Of course, being a cream tea lover I could be biased, but I just think it's so unique and so different. There is nothing bog standard at all about this wonderful tea.

I love how rich this tea is, yet at the same time delicate. It doesn't sit heavily on the stomach and is perfect to unwind to at the end of a busy day.

And I have to say that the packaging on this particular blend is just so beautiful. Normally, when tea's come in individual sachets I place them in the seemingly bottomless tea jar. This tea, however, I've kept in the box, it's so eye catching.

I will end this review saying just one last thing, and I think it sum's up this tea ideally.

This tea makes me happy. And that's all I can ask for.










 

2 comments:

  1. EVENING LAURA. NICE TO SEE YOU BACK TO BLOGGING AND HOPE YOU DON'T DISAPPEAR ON US AGAIN. I MISSED YOUR POSTS. I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR REVIEWS OF THIS COMPANY VERY CLOSELY. YOU KNOW I'M MAINLY A EARL GREY MAN MYSELF BUT I AM REALLY TEMPTED TO TRY SOME OF THESE TEAS. YOUR REVIEWS ARE WELL WRITTEN AS ALWAYS. WELCOME BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tony. I'm always glad to hear from you. Glad you're enjoying the reviews. Please do visit the company website:
    http://www.basilurtea.net/ - you'll love it. And I'm sure you could pick up a few gorgeous treats for your wife!

    ReplyDelete