Tuesday 10 June 2014

Cup Of Tea: Copa Cabana

(Photo sourced from www.cupoftea.uk.com)

We are all going a bit Brazil crazy here in the UK at the moment. Apparently, there is some sort of football thingy occurring. Not that I'm a fan of footie. I prefer Midsomer Murders or Miss Marple but there you go!

Anyway, I've tried (and reviewed) some fantastic tea's from Cup of Tea. So, last week, when a email popped into the inbox announcing a tropical new tea, and that there were free samples to be had, I wasted no time in filling in the box. This morning the tea arrived safe and sound.

There is enough tea in the sample to fill the infuser twice so you have the chance to try this tea two times!

Copa Cabana tea is described as being very tropical and suitable for being taken hot or served up as a ice tea. It can be brewed for as little as five minutes or as long as eight.

Visually, this tea is very bright to look at. Just like Brazil itself, it's colourful, fruity looking and a little bit exciting.

The list of ingredients is so varied I'm going to list them for you. You wont believe what is in this tropical tea! Here is the list ....

  • Pieces of Apple
  • Hibiscus
  • Lemongrass
  • Orange Peel
  • White hibiscus
  • Rosehip Peel
  • Pineapple Pieces
  • Beetroot
  • Pieces of mango
  • Carrot
  • Raspberry pieces
  • Sweet blackberry leaves
  • Strawberry pieces
  • Cornflowers
As you can see the sweetest of fruits are mixed with beetroot which has a slightly vinegary flavour and also carrot! I've never experienced carrot in a tea before. This was going to be one interesting cup of tea!

I stood in my kitchen, opened the packet and closed my eyes, inhaling the scent of the tea. I was really surprised because it's smell instantly took me back to childhood, for the tea reminded me of the smell of strawberry Hubba Bubba bubble gum that I used to chew in great quantities as a young girl. It was so full of strawberry scent it was just gorgeous and I'm sitting here now still smelling the empty packet.

I made two cups today. One this afternoon when I was working and didn't have much time so I brewed it for just four minutes, whilst this evening I brewed the second cup to eight minutes. The longer the brewing time the stronger the flavour, of course, so with this tea I'd highly recommend you brewing it for as long as you can.

When I took my first sip I was kind of expecting it to be very sweet, what with the vast amount of fruits the tea contained and the size of the fruit pieces, which are quite large. I was almost bracing myself for that teeth churning sweetness you can get with some fruit tea's but I was pleasantly surprised.

Although the tea contains a large amount of fruit pieces, it's a wonderfully balanced tea. There is a gentle sweetness to it, but also a slightly tart after bite, which I assume comes from  the pineapple and raspberry and the beetroot, too.

Copa Cabana is a very smooth blend. With each mouthful you pick up different flavours. One sip you can detect the strawberry, in the next you can detect mango. It's a like a little festival in your mouth. The flavours buzzing around everywhere giving your taste buds a real run for their money!

All of the flavours work well together. They are evenly balanced and this tea is just bursting at the seams with flavour. It really is the perfect blend for summer.

If you love fruit tea then this is a dream come true for you.

I found this tea tasty and pleasant enough and I enjoyed trying it. However, for me, it's not something I would drink a huge amount of as, though I like fruit tea, I prefer green tea. But if you are a fruit tea addict, or, if you want to avoid drinking caffeine then please give this tea a whirl.

For the fruit tea lover this is going to hit so many spots.

I'd like to thank Cup of Tea for sending out the free sample. I got the chance to try something really different and this tea is certainly unlike any other fruit tea available on the market. It certainly sums up summer really well, and you will get a flavour of Brazil where ever you live. 

If you'd like to try the tea then please visit this page. I'm not sure if they are still giving away the free samples but there is a option on the page still to select a sample so give it a whirl!





No comments:

Post a Comment