Wednesday 4 June 2014

Whittington's Tea Emporium & Adagio's Earl Grey Lavender

There is something quaint about the name emporium. I've been to many emporiums during my holidays and they tend to be cute little places stacked full of knick knacks and oddities, but they tend to be dusty, cramped and a little dingy! Without a doubt though, you can always find something that appeals to you.

When I came across Whittington's Tea Emporium online, I was delighted to find a fresh, modern and thoroughly engaging website.

Whittington's Tea Emporium was formed in 2012. It stocks high quality tea, gorgeous teaware and handy tea related items such as paper filters and infusers. There is absolutely nothing tea related that you can't find at Whittington's.

What I found really great is they sell glass teapots, but have the forethought to sell replacement lids in case you have a mishap! I think that is really clever and smart thinking.

You will find on the website many different brands of tea and if you like the luxury of loose leaf tea you have ample choice. But, if teabags are more your thing, they sell them too. They sell tea from brands that I know, such as Canton and Adagio, and tea's from other companies that I do not.

Last month I wrote to Whittington's Tea Emporium and received a lovely response from Kyle. I like Kyle as his passion for tea is quite evident and as the owner of the company, he has turned a passion into a way to earn a living, and I think that is something most of us would like to do!

Kyle kindly sent me some of the tea's that you can purchase from the website. The first tea I have chosen to review is Adagio's Earl Grey Lavender.  As you all will know I love not only Earl Grey but the very different versions of the classic blend.


Adagio Earl Grey Lavender comes in loose leaf form and in a packet that is simple and easy to reseal, which is handy as tea can quite often loose it's flavour or scent if you can't keep it airtight. 


As you can see tea has a rich, dark colour with the pieces of lavender adding a bright splash of colour. It's a really attractive tea to look at! 

I brewed a cup and let it infuse for four minutes. The aroma from this tea is quite surprising. It's not lavender like I expected it to be, but has a rich vanilla scent. I was really, really surprised by this! It made for a really different tea to what I was expecting it to be!

As I sat down after a incredibly long day, I curled up in front of Dr Who and took a sip. Earl Grey Lavender is a rich tea, full of flavour and depth. I have to say, I didn't taste lavender as a flavour. Instead I picked up a lovely taste of vanilla, and it's almost caramel like, too.  However, as I made my way through the cup I did actually start to notice a floral taste to this tea. There is a lot going on with this blend!

This is so, so different from your normal Earl Grey it's quite extraordinary. I'm positive that if you like rich vanilla and caramel flavours then you will love this tea. Even those who love the traditional take on Earl Grey will be impressed by this high quality, high taste tea.

Earl Grey Lavender is perfect for those moments when you want to take ten minutes out of your hectic day to gather yourself. It's pure luxury, indulgent and perfect if your dieting as it gives you just that hint of something spectacularly sweet without all the calories!

Earl Grey Lavender really does get the thumbs up from me. It's tasty and it's a modern spin on a classic tea.

Adagio's Earl Grey Lavender can be purchased from Whittington's Tea Emporium, with prices starting from £5.

Do have a look around Whittington's Tea Emporium. There is plenty to see there, and Kyle even has a blog on the website too. You will spend a good amount of time on the site - there is so much to catch the tea lovers interest.




No comments:

Post a Comment