Sunday 8 June 2014

Teavivre: Organic Superfine Dragon Well Long Jing Green Tea

Last month, through Twitter, I received a fantastic message from Angel who works for Teavivre kindly asking if I'd like to try some samples of their green tea. As a relatively new but enthusiastic convert to green tea, I couldn't say anything else other then yes please!

It was really lovely to have a tea company come to me and offer me some samples which proved that this blog is actually being read!

Teavivre sell all types of tea from green to black via white. They sell oolong, pu-erh, flowering tea, herbal and fruit tea as well as tea accessories. It's a brilliant go to website that have an extensive amount of stock. I do believe that you will never come away without buying something, or at least, seeing something you'd like to buy.

Anyway, just this week I got a huge packet of tea (see below) from Teavivre. This bag of tea is massive and contains a substantial amount of samples. I can't tell you how excited I was when the parcel arrived from China.

From each sample I guessed I can get two freshly brewed cups of tea. This was going to be really exciting!


This afternoon I took out all the samples and wondered what to try first. After quite some time I decided to go for Organic Superfine Dragon Well Long Jing. Each sample arrives in their own packet.


The packets are vacuum packed foil packets. Due to these being sample packs I can't say what the packaging will be like if purchasing a full sized pack, but, I think the tea keeps really fresh and fragrant  in these little packages.

When opening this packet I smelt the most gentle, fragrant aroma. It is absolutely gorgeous.

I found this tea to be the most interesting tea to look at. As you can see below, the leaves are really long!

 
I use an infuser and so you can't get a huge amount of tea in the infuser, however, that is a good thing because it makes the tea last longer!

The brewing instructions said you could brew this tea for anything between one and six minutes. I opted for midway and brewed it for  just over three minutes, partly because I don't like green tea too strong, but mostly because I couldn't wait to taste this gloriously smelling tea.

This tea brews to a pale yellow colour. Of course how you drink tea is a personal thing but I take no milk (as suggested) or added no sugar. Milk doesn't sit well in green tea, but this tea is so delicate that adding any kind of sweetener, I believe, will detract from it's flavour.

I will openly admit now, that I loved this tea from the very first sip. It's flavour, like it's aroma, is delicate. It doesn't have that grassy taste that you can get from some green tea's. It has a pleasant sweetness to it.

I found green tea hard to drink at first thanks to a badly brewed cup many years ago, so I always take any new green tea with a speculative view. I always expect the tea, no matter how pretty it's packaged to taste awful.And it hardly ever does! But I taste it with caution ...

I should not of doubted my love for green tea in this instance. I absolutely can't describe enough how lovely this tea is. It's refreshing with a pleasant taste of orchid. It is not only mouthwatering, but it's palate cleansing as well.

Each sip is just heavenly. An over exaggeration of words you may think  but it's how I honestly feel. There is a softness and gentleness to this tea with no bitterness at all. It's is rounded and the flavour has depth, but pleasantly so.

I felt almost greedy when drinking this tea. This wasn't a cup of tea that lasted very long if I'm totally honest. As soon as I finished one sip, I wanted another one! It's quite an addictive tea, a lovely flavour that left you wanting more. 

This tea is ideal for summer days. It's light and a perfect companion for light meals such as salads. I would also highly recommend this tea if your either taking tentative steps into drinking green tea or want to start drinking green tea unflavoured.

For more information on this blend, please click here.

As you will see you can buy this tea packaged or in a caddy. (I love caddy's so will say, gone on, treat yourself!).

I will recommend this tea to any green tea lover or to anyone wishing to try it. It's of a superior quality and, according to the website, this batch was harvested on April 15th this year, so it's as fresh as you can possibly get!

Gone on, treat yourself and try some! You certainly won't regret it!



2 comments:

  1. Yeah you are right that Green drink like green tea is very good for our health. It is good for us to stay fit and healthy. I am using this tea on daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are plenty of fantastic green tea's out there, both flavoured and unflavoured. Enjoy!

      Delete