Wednesday 5 April 2017

Artisan Tea & Coffee: Pear and Cinnamon


Today I have a day off. And today I'm treating myself to sitting down and watching several episodes of that dreamy, often confusing drama, Twin Peaks. There is to be a new season and so I'm re-watching the first two series. And there is nothing I love more than settling down with a decent cup of tea. The two go hand in hand perfectly.

Yesterday I happily received a lovely sample from Artisan Tea and Coffee. So why not try a new tea on a day off!

I was contacted by a lovely lady called Antonette who said I could pick a flavour from her selection of tea's to feature on the blog. Rather oddly for me, who is by no means a huge fan of fruit tea, I opted for the Pear and Cinnamon. 

There was something that instantly appealed to me about the blending of two of my favourite things to eat. I couldn't wait for the tea to arrive!

This morning, when I snipped open the lovely red package the tea arrived in, I was blown away by the gorgeous fruity aroma of the pear. It smells so fresh as if the pears had only been picked yesterday. I filled a empty teabag to full capacity of this blend and stood happily as the tea infused, releasing it's lovely aroma all around the kitchen!

This tea is so pretty to look at, too. It infuses to a bright red colour. Full bodied and inviting. Just lovely!


This gorgeous blend makes just a lovely cup of tea. It's warming and comforting and instantly gives you a lovely lift in the morning's. The pear, with all it's freshness, makes for a wonderful summer tea, yet the added cinnamon will making it comforting enough for autumn and all those outdoors activities such as Halloween and firework night. A fantastic all rounder!

The pear is so fresh, so wonderfully sweet that from first sip you are drawn into this blend. It just is perfect. It's ideal if, like me, you're weight watching. It gives you that sweet hit without all the naughty things that come along with treats such as cake and chocolate. It's just very natural and fresh and feels somewhat healthy.

But this is a textured tea, which has several different layers. Alongside that sweet freshness from the pear you get that slight bite from the cinnamon. So from the first sip you get a burst of flavoursome pear, then the cinnamon bursts fully into life, making your tongue fizz. The after bite of the cinnamon stays with you long after the sip has finished, and even, long after you've finished the cup of tea.

This is a perfect blend of sweet and tangy. A tea that starts one way and finishes a totally different way. It's somehow refreshing and light yet warming and comforting. I'm not quite sure how Artisan have achieved such a contradictory tea. A tea that should be at such odds with itself yet work perfectly as a pair.

As I said at the start of the review (and indeed in other reviews) that fruit tea, on the whole, just doesn't work for me. However, what I have come to realise recently, is that it's the mainstream fruit tea's that I don't like. Companies such as Artisan and Bluebird, who include dried fruit rather then fruit flavourings in their blends create something totally different. They create fruit tea's that have lovely, smooth textures, multi-layered flavours and depth of character. Therefore, I expect that I will shortly be delving back into the world of fruit tea to see what's out there.

I can only thank Antonette from Artisan Tea & Coffee for sending me this perfectly crafted, ideal fruit tea. I'm so very impressed. Of course, I could be biased as I love pear's and I love cinnamon, but this tea is just perfectly blended that I would of liked it regardless.

If you, like me, have drunk and been revolted by too many supermarket fruit tea's, then I advise you to give this blend a go. It's just lovely and satisfying and this morning has certainly put a smile on my face. I'm already up and ready for cup number two!



No comments:

Post a Comment