Friday 21 April 2017

Chash Tea: Venetian Rose


You may of noticed that recently there has been quite a few reviews of tea from Chash Tea. It's not like me to review so many tea's from one company in such a short time. However, I will also admit that since I've started blogging regularly again, I can't seem to bear a really good tea languishing in the tea cupboard, even for a short time, unblogged. And, again being honest, this is a tea that I just love drinking!

I spoke in a previous review of Chash Tea that I was contacted by the team asking if I'd like to receive some samples to feature on the blog. Have a look around, they said, and pick some tea's. Well, saying that to me is rather like giving Augustus Gloop the run of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory! However, being totally serious, I am aware that sample's from tea companies come out of a kind generosity and I would never take advantage of the offer. So the first thing I do when selecting tea's is look at the price and see that I'm not asking for anything really expensive.

On this occasion though, my natural, wired, floral tea radar went into overdrive and I found myself clicking on a tea that sounded so gorgeous. I couldn't resist and asked if it were okay to have a sample of the wonderful tea. That tea is what I am reviewing today. That tea is Venetian Rose.

Every time I open the pack of this loose leaf tea, just the aroma sends me into a spin. I've had several cups of this during the week and I never fail to lose that wow feeling whenever I first inhale that gorgeous smell. There is a little bit of a love story going on between me and this tea!

The tea is stunning to look at. It's leaves are dark and in contrast there are splashes of sunshine like yellow roses. I spoke earlier in the week after reviewing the Shakespeare tea how adorable I thought the tiny pink rosebuds where in that blend.

With this tea though they have something extra special. Yes, they do have rosebuds. But in this blend the rosebuds are yellow! Not that the guys at Chash would know this of course, but yellow roses are my all time favourite flower, so this tea has become even more special!


Whilst I waited for the tea to infuse I happily enjoyed the floral scent that came from the infusion process. It's lovely, rich and sweet and made that awful time when you're waiting for the tea to finish brewing much more bearable.

As you can see below the tea infused to a lovely dark reddish brown colour.


 The base tea used in this blend is black tea from China and Ceylon. It has a strong, rich taste to it, without being malty and overpowering like Assam can be. There are some tea's that can take to be flavoured and some tea's that can't, so Chash have made an excellent choice mixing the two tea's together. The tea is strong enough to get that satisfaction that you only can get from a excellent black tea but able enough to take such a delicate flavour.

The rose flavour is exactly that - delicate. But it's fresh and can easily be detected even though the tea is strong. So, you have two flavours, at the opposite end of the spectrum, yet it's blended so well that it really works.

I absolutely love the sweetness from the rose. It's almost like having traditional Turkish Delight in a cup. I've said it so many times that a really good floral tea can be beautiful, a bad one, where oils are added instead of real flowers, can be horrendously bitter.

This blend makes my  mouth water. It's so refined, dainty and sweet yet at the same time has real taste and strength. It's perfect for afternoon tea, with tiny cakes and sandwiches, yet, can be taken in your favourite battered old mug at the end of a stressful day. It's a versatile tea and not all floral based tea's are.

This tea is perfect for those tea lovers who love tea's such as rose tea or lavender. But it's also perfect for those who are wanting to try a floral tea and are a little unsure about where to start. This is floral enough to whet the appetite without being so strong it leaves you overwhelmed.

Today has been a rather odd day. And I was hugely disappointed not to have made the National Tea Day celebrations in London. But as I got settled down for the evening, with a cup of Venetian rose, well the day is ending on a really good note!

With this tea I have a little bit of luxury. And I'm hugely enjoying it!















No comments:

Post a Comment