Sunday 16 November 2014

Five Minutes + Tea + iPod = Bliss


During those sorts of times when the world is too loud, too hectic and too manic,sometimes it's hard to deal with.  We all have those sorts of day's when you want to shout "stop the world, I want to get off".

It's on these days when the tea lover comes into their own. We, as people, are fairly easily pleased, and the simple joy of a nicely brewed cup of tea is what calms us. The simple act of adding boiling (or nearly boiled, depending on what you're drinking) water to either loose leaves or those encased in a teabag makes everything stop, if just for a minute.

Today  I had the pleasure of a sitting with a cup of tea and my other beloved possession - my iPod. I popped the earbuds in cranked the volume up and sat back sipping on a nicely brewed green tea.

Besides being a George Harrison fanatic, my musical tastes are varied. Robert Palmer is high on my list of must listen to's. I love music from the 1980's and the odd bit of classical.

This weekend, my older brother, Stephen, introduced me to an artist that I have known of for many years, but never really listened greatly too - guitarist extraordinaire Ry Cooder. His two songs, "Little Sister" and "Tattler" are my two favourites, so far.

It's so lovely to sit and watch the world go by, warming your hands on a hot mug of tea and listening to quality music. A simple pleasure, no doubt, but one I would not be without. 

It's days like this that I'm really grateful that I'm a tea lover. It's calming affects are much appreciated. And, because of it's brilliant properties, one cup is all it takes to boost your energy and keep you going to fight the good fight of life. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment