Sunday 30 November 2014

Laura's (Fantasy) Tea Christmas.


Christmas is coming and the goose is getting fat (well, morbidly obese actually if the geese I saw in Norfolk the other day is anything to go by - those fella's were HUGE!) so I was thinking what would my fantasy Christmas day be? Which tea items (if I were lucky to be brought them, of course!) would make the day absolutely perfect.

Well, actually there are loads of things that I'd really love to own. So here are a few of them! Hopefully this (tongue in cheek, by the way) blog may give your partners or family members, some idea's for the perfect present for you!

1. Heston Blumenthal Sage Tea Maker

This is the gift which would make me love the person giving the gift for the rest of my life. It's absolutely fantastic. But, just use a kettle, I hear you say .... oh, no. If you think that you've underestimated the power of this baby.

The Sage teamaker does boil water, obviously. However, it also serves as a teasmaid. You can set the water temperature depending on what tea you are brewing (and we all know we don't use boiling hot water to make green tea, don't we?) and according to what tea you are using, this automatically lifts the tea leaves out of the water after the set time, therefore making you the perfect cup of tea. It's fabulous.

It's also expensive, so it's top end (well of me anyway) and there is no real chance of me getting this from Santa, but, a girl can dream, right? please visit the Sage website for more information.

2. Perfect Stocking Filler: Yellow Submarine Infuser.


Being a Beatles fan and tea obsessive this is a ideal gift. How cute is this? It's just beyond funny and is perfectly suited for the Beatle nut.

It's available from Amazon and comes in at just under £4 so it's a really good little stocking filler.

I'd like to say there are some really fun infusers out there from those shaped like a man to those shaped like a shark's fin which helps turn your tea infusing experience into a mini scene from Jaws. Who knew that brewing up could be such fun!

3. Teasmaid

 
Everybody in my tea drinking life, from my mum to my ex-partner has cruelly denied me the chance to own a teasmaid. The reactions to the suggestion that I may buy one has ranged from hysterical laughter to sheer panic. Frankly, I do not understand the anti-teasmaid feeling. I mean, if you're like me and don't have anyone to gently wake you up in the morning with a nicely made brew, then you have to rely on items such as these. And, in all seriousness, when I manage to find my own home it will literally be the first item I buy. Unless of course I hit rich and are able to purchase the item featured on the top of this list!

I think they're fab and I love the kitch 1970's element to teasmaids.

4. Twinings Luxury Gift Hamper

Sadly, I couldn't source a photo for this item, however, I got a email from Twinings the other day in which they featured this hamper.

It costs £84 - I know it's a lot, however, included within the hamper there are such delights as the new Plummy Earl Grey, several infusions, cakes, biscuits and a teapot.

I think there is something really, really lovely about receiving a hamper with all your favourite things.

For more information, please visit the Twinings website.

5. Matcha Making Kit


Matcha Making Kits are fantastic gifts for those people in your life who like ... well, matcha, obviously! I have been sent two separate samples of matcha and no matter now I whisked and stirred, the matcha never frothed up like it was meant to. I asked a tea friend of mine, who told me, quite bluntly that normal whisks and forks "... won't cut the mustard ...". 

As the festive season is fast approaching, funds are tight, but I will be investing in a matcha making kit in the New Year. I'm really interested and excited about matcha and can't wait to give it a go. Roll on the new year!

So here are a few things from the tea world that I've been lusting over. But, I can honestly say there are some awesome tea and tea accessories out there. I think the tea world, instead of being staid and boring, which a lot of people think it is, is actually really good fun. 

Of course, this is a light hearted blog, mainly because I'm just starting to get into the festive spirit. 

But, on a rather more serious note, never more then this year have I fully understood the joy of having family and friends in your life during the festive period. It doesn't matter what people get you, big or small, it's the thought that counts.

However, a girl can dream can't she? And whilst a lot of my friends are drooling over the latest handbag or pair of shoes, I can quite happily stare at the Sage Teasmaker for hours. But, that's the kinda girl I am!

2 comments:

  1. I think the teasmaid is brilliant. If coffee makers can have the auto feature then tea should have something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lynn! You are only the second other person who shares my love for teasmaids.

    I will never really understand how it's chic and cool to have all these coffee machines but if you like the same machine for tea it's naff and stupid. I would REALLY love to be able to wake up as the tea is making and just have a few minutes to enjoy it before I get up!

    My version of heaven!

    ReplyDelete