Friday 7 November 2014

Thanks, Mum ... And HelloTo Twinings Christmas Afternoon.


This morning my lovely mum took delivery of her weekly shop. And within the bags sat this little gem.

I have been desperate to get my hands on Twining's Christmas Afternoon since last month when I saw that Twinings released their Christmas range.

Christmas Afternoon was, for me, the star of last year's Christmas range. It was previously called Christmas Thanks and I reviewed it in February this year.

This year it has been rebranded as Christmas Afternoon. On Twinings website it's described as the perfect tea to drink after a heavy meal, ideally with something sweet.  I would actually agree with this, but I'm sat here drinking it this morning, getting just a teeny bit of Christmas spirit.

I'm not going to review the tea again, you can read my original post here. All I will say is it feels as though I've welcomed a old friend into my home, one I've not seen for some time and not likely to see again for a while.

Do pop over to Twining's site and have a look around. They have launched plenty of new blends and a Christmas range too. A lovely way to spend a spare few minutes.

The only sad thing is they didn't take up my suggestion of making a mince pie flavoured tea .... shame!

2 comments:

  1. I disagree with this post. I have all three of the Christmas tea's and just don't get the flavour of christmas cake. What am I doing wrong? It's a nice tea but lacks something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment.

      I have discovered with this tea that you do need a little bit more tea in the pot/infuser then Twining's state on their instructions. They say a teaspoon, I tend to put 1 1/2 in the Floatea.

      Brewing: Do brew for as long as you can. I tend to brew for about five minutes and you then end up with a lovely, rounded taste that acutually does taste like fruit cake. You can re-infuse the leaves but only three times maximum.

      Hope this helps.

      Delete