Monday 29 December 2014

As We Head Towards 2015 ... What Are Your New Year (Tea) Resolutions?

As we head towards the new year, what are your new year's resolutions?

On a personal, non tea level, I am going to try to stop biting my nails (disgusting habit, I know!), I want to read more and travel more, even if it's just within the UK. There will be others I'll think of I'm sure. Some I'll stick to, some I may not, but we have to start the new year on a positive footing!

On the subject of tea though there is so much I want to do and experience that life has never felt more exciting for me.

My first aim is to carry on learning as much about tea as I possibly can. I'm sure no one can doubt my love - in fact passionate obsession - with camellia sinensis, but, sometimes love is not enough. I'm very much looking forward to reading, discussing and learning about tea throughout the year. I would love to be elegantly knowledgeable about tea. That way I can improve my writing and make this blog something extra special.

One New Years resolution that I have thought of today is to make sure I drink at least one cup of green tea a day. I love green tea so it shouldn't be so difficult but I do feel healthier, calmer and slightly more composed when I'm drinking green tea. Beside's it's awfully nice, so actually it's not strictly a serious resolution!

I've also made it a resolution to try Lapsang Souchong. Again. I tried it a few years ago, and took an instant dislike to it, in fact I'd admit I'm a wee bit scared of it. However, not one to give up, I may, if I can get a small sample size somewhere, try it again. If I'm honest I hated green tea when I first tried it,(in 2008) and I'm the sort of person whose tastes can change, so I think 2015 is the year that I give the little fella a second chance. And if I find out that I don't like it, then at least I've tried.

Finally, I am determined to save enough to purchase the much coveted Sage Teamaker! I really do love the look of that machine and it's very much wanted so maybe 2015 is the year I'll find one sitting on my worktop!

What is most important to me though is to spread, throughout 2015, the good word about tea. In this coffee obsessed world we live in, tea needs advocates. It's simply too beautiful a thing to be ignored and one of the myriad of reason's why I love this blog is that I get to talk to people who love it in equal measure.

As I sit here now, writing this, tucked up in bed with a green tea by my side, I am very grateful that I love tea.

Here's to 2015 and all it can possibly bring!






No comments:

Post a Comment