Monday 3 March 2014

Has Fergie Really Asked A "Master Blender" To Create English Desert Teas?


Fergie (the ex-Duchess, not the Black Eyed Pea) has apparently asked "a master blender" to come up with some teas based around traditional English deserts, the Daily Mail have reported today. As a avid Royal watcher, and a tea lover this story, naturally, attracted my attention.

For 27 out of my 34 years, I have been a obsessive Royal fan. Diana was always my favourite. Sarah Ferguson, well, I'm less keen on. But I have always kept one eye on her, and followed her weight losses and gains with interest.

She has been in the paper a fair bit lately looking ever so slim (I have a feeling, just a gut feeling mind, that she is soon to become "mother of the bride",thus the weight loss!!!). Apparently she has taken herself off to the Himalaya's on a two month boot camp and lost lots of weight. But, there is one fly in Fergie's ointment - her sweet tooth.

As a Weight Watcher myself, I have to admit it's really hard to realise that you can't go on eating as you once did, and loose weight. Something has to give. And you have to find a replacement, somehow.

So, according to the Daily Mail, Sarah has contacted a nameless "master blender" who has come up with teas that are flavoured after her favourite dessert's. These apparently include: bakewell tart, rhubarb crumble, mint humbug and some sort of sticky toffee concoction! These tea's have gone down well and are satisfying her craving for such sweetness.

But this, I can believe. Twinings have come up with some brilliant 'desert's in a cup' type tea's. Their Intensely Rhubarb and Blackcurrent is like a crumble in a mug. Their Lime and Ginger infusion reminds me of a cheesecake that I was once served up at a BBQ when my friend made a lime cheesecake and used ginger nut biscuits for the base. Indeed, the newly released Ginger Bread Indulgence could come fresh from the bakery of a supermarket rather then the tea aisle.

There are so many tea's out there, fruit tea's in particular, that are tasty and extremely healthy for dieters. Tea's like Peach and Passionfruit, Apple Crunch or Cherry and Cinnamon can really satisfying a craving for something sweet.

Nothing can replace a nice desert, granted. But if your weight watching or just trying to get healthy, desert based tea's are a brilliant solution. So I'd say good luck to Fergie. If she can afford to ask someone to create something just for her, then she is one lucky woman! And she's looking quite good on it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment