Wednesday 26 March 2014

Tetley's Peach And Apricot Green Tea. Yummy!

Green tea, in my opinion, is a extremely difficult tea. I believe it's hard to produce, in as much as it's hard to find the right flavours to blend with the tea to make a tasty brew. And it's also difficult to make. If you brew it for longer then two minutes it goes from a potentially fruity delight to a bitter mess.

As far as I've experienced, the real masters of green tea is the Kensington Tea Company who sell green tea that is, quite frankly, out of this world. Twinings do a pretty good job of it too, their orange and lotus flower blend is one of the best teas to quench a thirst and it's incredibly moreish.

I was surprised, and somewhat dubious when Tetley announced they were bringing out their own blends of green tea. I have never been too keen on their black tea's so I didn't think their green teas would be up my street either.

The peach and apricot green tea caught my attention immediately. Fellow blogger Rebecca, who I now consider a friend loves peach in tea and so I told her about it straight away. I, living in a small place, have found it impossible to source the flavoured green teas, so when Rebecca and I exchanged our third set of tea, I was delighted to find she had enclosed some teabags.


(Photograph taken from mysupermarket.com)

As you can see Tetley have been creative with their packaging. They have not lost their famous and much loved Tetley tea folk brand, in fact they have incorporated it extremely well into the bright and bubbly packaging.

I have to say, I found the aroma of this tea mouthwatering when I took it from the packaging. The smell of peach was absolutely gorgeous, if you closed your eyes you could just imagine a punnet of fresh peaches. It's so fragrant, it's really lovely. The apricot is the more delicate of the two flavours but it's there, easily found.

There is a freshness to this tea that is summer all over. It's inviting, the smell draws you in, and it's irresistible. Once you smell this tea, you would be hard pressed not to drink a cup.

I brewed this tea for a couple of minutes, which is the standard time for green tea. All the while the lovely scent of fruit filled the kitchen and I couldn't wait to try it.

But, as I've learned the hard way, a tea can have wonderful packaging, and it can even smell nice, but that doesn't mean it was cross over to your taste buds. Like I said earlier, I was dubious. But, I need not have been.

It's a wonderful, sweet tea. It lacks the bitterness that some green tea's have, it's fresh and amazing. For me, the peach is the stronger of the flavours and in tasting, I couldn't really detect much apricot, but to me, that isn't so much of a problem. I think every individual person tastes tea different, so if you were to drink it you may detect apricot more. But, regardless, this is utterly delightful.

It's a light tea, refreshing and cleansing for your palate. It's totally enjoyable and the two teabags I was kindly sent have now been drunk. I'm trying hard to source this in my area, and hope to come across a box as I'm already having withdrawal symptoms. I miss this tea, it's just ... really lovely, totally addictive and something to be enjoyed and treasured. This isn't a tea, to be gulped down as your rushing out of the door in the morning. This deserves to be taken when you have the time to curl up on the sofa and totally enjoy it.

As a weight watcher, it's a extremely good replacement for dessert, too.

I will give Tetley a massive thumbs up for developing this tea. I was pleasantly surprised as it's not a brand that I've always warmed to. I honestly feel that despite my misgivings, it's one of the loveliest blends of green tea that is available on the high street. I never thought I'd be saying it but it's true!

If you would like to read Rebecca's blog then please go here:

www.goodbooksgoodtea.blogspot.co.uk

Summary of Tetley Peach and Apricot Greet Tea

- Available in boxes of 20 priced around £1.50
- Brew for up to 2 minutes
- No milk or sweetner needed but this is down to personal choice regarding the sweetener.

7 comments:

  1. Is this available in loose tea do you know? - Rosa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rosa.

    I don't think so, sorry. Most green tea's are in teabag form. I would suggest you visit this company if you'd like your green tea loose:

    http://www.kensingtontea.com/

    They have a varied and vast collection of loose green teas that are wonderful! Hope this helps.

    Laura x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Rosa something went wrong with our last posts, not sure what but I've deleted them somehow (I'm new to this) You asked what I would recommend from KTC. Check out the Christmas Spice which is gorgeous to look at and taste! But the best advice is to browse and see what you fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On offer on Tesco online at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that information. Sadly my local Tesco's don't stock it, but I'm hoping lots of people can take advantage of the deal. Do you know the price and what the deal is? Thanks.

      Delete
  5. You could do, but personally I don't think it's really needed. Think it's sweet enough!

    ReplyDelete