Saturday 29 March 2014

My Favourite Five Teas Of 2014 .... (So Far!)

I've been lucky enough to try several new teas already this year. So, as we are fast approaching the fourth month of the year, I'd like to give a run down on my top five tea's so far this year!

1. Twinings Gingerbread Indulgence

]

This year started off rather sensationally with Twinings releasing three new green teas. Gingerbread Indulgence, Salted Caramel and Caramelised Apple. Quite frankly, I've not seen a launch of a new tea like it before. These tea's flew off the shelves, nobody could find them, I myself traveled for hours, only to get to Tesco's to find one battered box at the back of the shelf.

My favourite new tea (that I've tried) of 2014 is the Gingerbread Indulgence. It's vastly different from plain ginger tea - it actually does taste like gingerbread! The popularity of this tea has been amazing. Well done to Twinings for coming up with a great blend. The big question is, what will they come up with next? I can't wait to see!

shop.twinings.co.uk/shop/gingerbread-indulgence-green-tea.html

2. Kensington Tea Company Christmas Spice


I never thought it, but the second of my favourite teas of the year is another green tea. If you'd asked me this time last year, I wouldn't of given green tea the time of day. But now, I really love it.

This is really a gorgeous tea. It has cloves, sugar snowflakes and real pieces of chocolate within it. It's pure luxury in a cup. Its smells and tastes gorgeous and I would highly recommend it.

www.kensingtontea.com/shop/blended-tea/christmas-spice

3. Tetley Peach And Apricot Green Tea


And guess what? Third favourite new tea is yet another green tea. This is a peachy delight and a real surprise as I'm not normally a Tetley fan! It's so fruity, sweet and yummy that it makes your mouth water. Well worth a try!

www.tetley.co.uk/en/our-teas/products?id=46

4. Teapigs Red Winter Spice


This is a yummy, spicy delight of a tea. It's the first Teapig tea that I've tried and I was majorly impressed. It is really spicy, warming and perfect for a cold winters night. I enjoyed every sip and am trying to source it from local supermarkets as we speak!

http://www.teapigs.co.uk/tea/shop_by_category/all_tea/spiced_winter_red_tea.htm

5. Twinings Rose Garden


When I first tried this tea back in 2010 I hated it. I used milk which is not recommended and it was so sickly sweet that I hated it. This year, I realised I had all the collectible floral caddys from Twinings, bar this one. I decided to purchase it just to make up the set. Through gritted teeth I decided to brew a cup and ... wow! What a beautiful cup of tea. Full of the scent of roses and with a wonderful sweetness about it, I'm so pleased I purchased it. Now, when I'm unwinding at the end of the day, I take a cup of this. It's gorgeous and lovely.

shop.twinings.co.uk/shop/twinings-rose-garden-tea-caddy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment