Thursday 27 March 2014

Twinings Apple and Pear Is A Delicate Delight

As regular readers will know, I have really taken to green tea. I've surprised myself as I never thought I would! But the flavour's out there are really interesting. You have the strong and forceful gingerbread green tea, the lovely and sweet peach green tea and the delicate apple and pear.


Twinings Apple and Pear green tea is a really lovely, special blend. Quite often the flavour's in green tea tend to be strong as green tea has it's own, unique taste. So it was quite surprising how delicate and refreshingly fragrant this blend was.

I love apples but I love pears even more so this was the perfect mix for me! Apple and pear are two flavour's that go together really well so I was looking forward to trying this brew.

As I opened the box, the smell of pears came through first. It was so fruity it really was something spectacular. It was a total joy to stand over the tea as it brewed, and as it's green tea, brewing time is very short indeed - no more then two minutes is the golden rule!

Quite often with flavoured tea's one flavour will come through slightly more stronger then the other and this is the case. Though there is a crispness, almost bitterness from the apple, it's the juicy, sweetness from the pear that comes through first and foremost and it's this what makes this tea totally delicious.

This is a tea though that you have to be very precise when you brew it. As the flavour's are subtle in comparison to say, gingerbread green tea, I would brew this for the full two minutes. Anything less means you'll get a really week tea and will miss out on the wonderful concoction of the two flavour's.

I have not felt let down by any of Twinings green teas that I've tried so far, and this will remain as a favourite green tea. It's plain and simple, but in that simplicity, it's something really special. Exotic blends are brilliant and I enjoy them, but every now and again you want something pure and simple to enjoy.

Summary of Apple and Pear Green Tea

- Brew for up to two minutes. Any less you wont get the full flavour of the tea but avoid going over two minutes so you wont get that bitterness you can get with green tea.
- No milk or sweetener needed.
- Available from most supermarkets. At Tesco's they are priced at £1.59 for 20 teabags, but are currently on deal. Two boxes for £3.00.




No comments:

Post a Comment