Thursday 6 March 2014

Pukka Detoxing Tea: A Really Lovely Functional Tea

For the past week I've been swapping emails and teabags with Rebecca, a fellow tea blogger. I've sent her some various Twining and Clipper tea's and she has responded by sending me some lovely blends too (as well kindly sending me some of the new Twinings green tea's when I couldn't find them anywhere).

Today, after buying a new kettle as the old one died on me, I decided to start trying the teabags she sent me. So, after a good five minutes of debate, I decided on trying the Pukka Detoxing Tea.


This tea really appealed to me as I could smell the sweetness through the envelope. For a few days I have kept sniffing this teabag and wondering what it reminded me of. It wasn't fruit, it wasn't desserts. And finally, as the tea was brewing, it popped into my head. It reminds me of the old fashioned pick'n'mix stations that you used to get in Woolworths. As the tea was brewing in the cup I was transported to my childhood. Aniseed balls, liquorice twirls, mint humbugs. It was like Mrs Simms Sweet Shoppe in a cup!

The tea contains fennel seed, aniseed, cardamom and liquorice and it all blends together to form a marvelously sweet cup of tea.


This tea needs to be brewed for quite some time. It says on the packet to be brewed for five minutes which is what I did. As it was brewing it made a interesting light brown, greeny colour.


It's very hard to write about this tea as it's one of the most unique tea's I've ever drunk. It's just like sweetness in a cup. The sweetness comes from the aniseed and fennel, the liquorice gives it a spicy kick and the cardamom is totally unique.

According to Pukka, this tea is something that could aid digestion if taken every day. Apparently it's good to drink after a night out!

I have to say, in the past, I've struggled with detoxing teas and those teas that have functions such as helping you sleep or protecting your immunity. They are not always that nice to taste, but alongside Twinings Defence tea, this is something I could drink every day. It has a really lovely taste and you can almost forget it's a detoxing tea as it's so sweet, comforting and warming.

I'd give this tea a go, particularly if you do want to use a detoxing product. It's tasty and very pleasant. And I was genuinely surprised at how nice it is!

Summary of Pukka Detoxing Tea

- No milk or sugar neccessary.
- Brew for five minutes
- A box of 20 costs £2.29

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the tea! It truly is lovely! I recommend it to everyone, I couldn't not pass some on to you! :)

    Rebecca

    www.goodbooksgoodtea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the sample. I thoroughly enjoyed it! It's nice knowing something so tasty can be beneficial!

      Delete
  2. Hello All.
    I like your Views aboutPukka Tea Australia. Thank you so much for this interesting post.

    ReplyDelete