Wednesday 26 March 2014

"What Can you Say About Tea?" I've been asked. Well, plenty!

I have a funny friend on Facebook who never fails to let me know what he thinks on any topic that may be hot that day. Today, he made me giggle. 'Is your blog about tea?' he asked. 'What can you write about tea?'.

I know that my obsession with tea may baffle some people. Particularly those who just see tea as something to drink at the start and end of their day.

For me, though, it's a way of life. It's the nicest treat I can have, and to me, it's harmless, too. Due to skin problems I can't have anything really that contains diary. On Weight Watchers I can't have puddings or cakes, and I don't drink alcohol or smoke. So tea is about the only thing left I can have and enjoy without feeling guilty.

There are so many varities of tea that it simply cannot be "just tea". You have black tea, white tea, green tea, herbal tea, fruit tea, tea in bags and loose tea. You can drink it hot or take it cold.

You can have it pure or flavoured. The options are limitless.

I'm proud of my tea collection. To see someone come to our home and be amazed at the sheer amount of tea I can offer them makes me proud.

I've met some really lovely people through my interest in tea, people I would not of met otherwise. I've seen a huge corporate company (Twinings, this is for you!) treat me with such kindness that I've been left flabbergasted.

So, perhaps my love of tea could be considered boring, and even confusing to some. But I'm proud of my love of tea.

And, unlike alcohol, tea never harmed anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment