Saturday 1 March 2014

Twinings Sunny Peach And Passionfruit: A Fruity Delight

Hello everyone! Please accept my apologises for lack of posts recently. Been very busy indeed. I've missed blogging - it's good to be back!

Now, I have to confess something here. I brought the Twinings Sunny Peach and Passionfruit caddy for my mum as a mother's day gift last year. The good intentions were to wrap it up and send it to her with her card (we live at opposite ends of the country). But, when it arrived there was something so deliciously inviting about the tea, I have to admit, I kept it and send her another gift. I felt awful about it, and so was relieved when she admitted to me, during our trip to Twinings shop on the Strand that she "couldn't get on with fruit tea". Phew, I thought. Conscience eased. The lesson I learned then was never buy tea as a gift for someone else as the chances are it will never make it to them!

Last weekend I wrote about the Delicate Earl Grey tea caddy I brought. Well, here is the caddy for Peach and Passionfruit. They share the same theme but are just different colours.


Peach and Passionfruit is a very fragrant tea. It's strong, and I would advise that you either keep the teabags in a caddy, or, if you don't have a caddy, keep them away from other teas. I stored a box of Darjeeling next to it and had to throw it away as all it tasted of was peach and passionfruit! (I had ordered several refills from Twinings and couldn't fit them in the caddy so stored them on top of the Darjeeling!).

The tea brews into a wonderful red colour. It's inviting and the aroma of fruit is very tempting indeed.


The tea is described by Twinings as "sunny" and it really is like sunshine in a cup. It's aroma of peach, which is the stronger of the two flavours is warming and reminds you of a summers day.

When I made a cup of this tea so I could write about it, I had quite forgotten how lovely the blend was. I haven't had a cup in a little while so it was like discovering the tea all over again.

The peach makes it a very sweet drink. The peachy elements are also thirst quenching and very refreshing. When you take your first sip it's full of flavour, and it feels as though your tongue comes alive with it's rich, dessert like qualities. The passionfruit comes through second and is ever so slightly bitter which compliments the peach.

I think Sunny Peach And Passionfruit is one of the strongest flavoured fruit tea's I've experienced. It's a really lovely brew and it has depth in it's flavour. It's so smooth to drink, it's almost velvety.

Although this is a limited edition, I really hope that you can get to experience it and, hopefully, enjoy it like I do!

Summary of Sunny Peach And Passionfruit

- Brew for as long as you wish, but I would recommend three to four minutes.
- No milk or sweetener needed.
- Due to the powerful qualities of this tea, store in a caddy or well away from other teas.
- Available from Twinings online priced £5.00 for caddy and 20 envelopes. Still available in some branches of Tescos.

No comments:

Post a Comment