Sunday 30 March 2014

The London Fruit And Herb Company: Green Tea & Orange


I love orange in tea. Whether it be the wonderful Lady Grey to Orange and Cinnamon. I find that orange goes really well in tea. It's vastly different to lemon and makes a pleasant change.

When Rebecca sent me a sample of The London Fruit And Herb Company's Orange Green Tea it appealed to me straight away.

Upon opening the packet the orange scent was gorgeous. I couldn't wait to brew the tea. Whilst I was waiting for the kettle to boil, I decided to take a picture of this little tag. It's really pretty!


As I waited for the tea to brew (suggested brewing time is four minutes) I could smell the orange. It is so flavorsome and inviting. It brewed, not to a greenish colour which I was expecting, but to a reddish colour which was surprising.

Upon my first sip of this tea, I was in love. The flavour of the orange is so fresh it is almost as if they oranges were picked and added to the tea straight from the tree. It's gloriously fruity. And, incredibly mouthwatering.

As I settled in front of the television to watch my favourite episode of Columbo I slowly drunk this tea. I loved how fresh this tea is, how natural it feels when drinking. It feels like health in a cup, which is great.

I only had a single envelope of this tea, but I could easily of drunk more of it. If I had a full box to hand, I would of made another cup almost immediately. It's that lovely it's almost addictive.

I also liked how refreshed and clean it made my mouth feel. No odd aftertaste with this tea!

You would not think that this is a green tea. You cannot detect the green tea at all, and if I had not seen the packaging I would of sworn it was a fruit tea. So, if you don't like green tea, or if your unsure about testing it, try this tea first. You'll get all the health benefits but none of the bitterness that you can get with green tea.

The London Fruit and Herb Company sell their tea's through branches of Holland And Barrett. However, neither I, or my blogger friend, Rebecca, can source it at local branches. But you may just be lucky enough to stumble on a box. If you cant find a box of this delightful tea then go to the companies website. You'll find everything you need there. And I've just eyed up the lovely sounding strawberry and vanilla fool!

Here is the web address: http://www.londonfruitandherb.co.uk/index.html

If you can source this tea, please, please try it. You wont be disappointed. I can guarantee that!

No comments:

Post a Comment