Tuesday 25 February 2014

Red Rose Canadian Breakfast Tea: Pure And Simple And Extremely Tasty Tea


One of the best things that social media offers is the ability to meet people that, in different circumstances, you may never of met. Through the tea world (well, the Twinings Facebook page and this blog) I've met two lovely ladies, Elena from Italy and now, Deanna from Canada. (And I can't, of course, miss out the lovely Kirsten and Alex from Twinings!)

It was lovely at the end of last week to have a private message from Deanna saying that she'd love to send me some Red Rose Canadian Breakfast Tea to try. As I'm eager to try new teas, especially blends from abroad, I jumped at the chance. Today, those tea's have arrived. Alongside the breakfast tea, she had also included a envelope of one of my best tea's ever, Mulled Spice. (I can't thank you enough for that!).

Red Rose Canadian Breakfast tea is a black tea, that reminds me of a slightly weaker version of Assam. It's certainly not as malty as English Breakfast, but is really tasty.

I couldn't wait to try it. I popped the teabag in and poured the water and watched it brew.

It brews into a nice dark, mahogany colour. I left it to brew for about three minutes, as there were no instructions, I didn't want to over brew.

It's a full bodied tea, but at the same time not so strong that it's difficult to drink. I took it black but I think it's fine to add milk. I think also that lemon, or even lime, would go well with this tea.

I mean this in the nicest way, it's just a simple black tea. But the simple things in life can be wonderful, and I really enjoyed this tea. It's a good tea to get back to basics. I sat back and enjoyed every sip of this tea.

I have researched a little about the Red Rose brand and it's very popular in Canada, and I can understand why. It's made a lovely little brew that I enjoyed immensely.

Thank you Deanna! And in return, your tea's will be posted tomorrow. I hope you enjoy the selection I've made for you as much as I enjoyed Canadian Breakfast!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely post and I'm so glad you enjoyed the tea! ~Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome, and thanks for sending me the tea. I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete