Monday 21 April 2014

Dragonfly Tea's Swirling Mist Organic White Tea.

(Picture sourced from google)

Dragonfly's Swirling Mist Organic White Tea is a utter surprise to me. Not least for the fact that I found it available in a supermarket. This is the FIRST brand of white tea that I've not had to order online.

I love the very subtle packaging of this tea. The white and grey colours work really well together, and it's rather stark colour scheme stands out amid the brightly packaged teas. It's just as eye catching as any other tea on the shelves. In fact, it's vastly different to what else is on offer, when it comes to the packaging.

As I've written about only today, white tea is a very delicate tea and to get the best out of it, you have to brew it precisely. So, I boiled the kettle and let it cool for two minutes (timed it). Then, I slowly poured the water on the teabag and let it brew for two minutes.

Contrary to other white tea's I've tried, this actually does brew to a dark colour which was surprising as most other white tea's have a pale, almost translucent hue to it.

When I started to drink this tea, I was expecting something really rather different. The other white tea's I've tasted are delicate tasting, and the flavour is subtle. This is not overpowering, but it has a delicious, nutty undertone which makes it extremely interesting.

It's very light and refreshing and incredibly moreish and I actually had the kettle boiling before I had finished the first cup.

What I liked about this tea is though it's white tea in a pure form (as opposed to the fruity flavours that are often added to white tea) it's tasty and has body to it. It's incredibly cleansing, and would be perfect served with a light meal such as a salad, or, with a chocolatey dessert.

At £2.00 for twenty envelopes, some could consider this a pricy tea, but I find it reasonably priced considering the high quality of the tea. I don't mind how much I pay for a tea - as long as the quality justifies it, and this tea really is worth paying for.

I love white tea because of it's lightness. It's perfect if you feel you want a change from drinking black tea, or indeed, if you want to try something a bit different to green tea.  It's also fairly low in caffeine so if you don't like the side effects of tea with too much caffeine this would be a perfect blend.


I couldn't resist putting up a picture of these words of wisdom that come attached to the paper part of the teabag string. How cute is this?

If you would like more information on Swirling Mist Organic White Tea or the company in general, please click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment