Saturday 3 May 2014

And Now For Something Just A Little Bit Different ....

As everyone knows I'm obsessed with tea. Any tea mainly, with the exception of Lapsang Souchong which I cannot stand.

But, I do actually have other loves beyond tea.

One of my non-tea obsessions is The Beatles. I have loved them since I was eleven. My late Dad was one of the biggest Beatles fan's you can imagine, so I inherited my love of them from him.

I love all of the Beatles (with the exception of Paul - it's a long story!), but I have a very soft, squishy spot for George Harrison. Not only was he impossibly handsome, but, from what I can gather, a incredibly kind soul and if you were lucky enough to gain entry to his very private inner circle and become his friend, there was nothing he wouldn't do for you, apparantly.

All of the Beatles were regularly photographed drinking tea, but, George was the one who was truly addicted to tea. So, I was delighted when this little gem popped up in my inbox from a friend.

I

I do not know who the little boy is but I'd say he is very, very lucky indeed!

I am not sure what tea George is drinking but I pretty much am sure it's something strong and sweet!

Just a photograph that was too cute not to appear here!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Laura - I've really enjoyed your blog so was astounded to read this post! I have a story to tell.

    When I was 8 years old my father died in a industrial accident. Through my Aunt, my Mother found two part time job's in Henley being housekeeper/cleaner to two stars, one a musician and one a actor/comedian. Both were friends of George who visited them often and whom my mum saw frequently (I'm sure you know about the Henley Triangle of stars!)

    After selling our house Mother brought a two bedroom bungalow about half hour away and when I wasn't in school I went to help her clean. I met George (and others) loads of times. From what I can remember, he drunk good solid tea (mainly PG Tips in those days). Mother and I can't recall if he took sugar but I remember on my 10th birthday having a tooth out at the dentist and I teased George about his teeth, so I assume he liked his tea sugary.

    I remember at weekends travelling into London to go to Twinings and buying loose leaf Earl Grey and loose teas such as Darjeeling. Mother makes her own blend and it's really delicious and she served her tea to the people she worked for which went down a treat.

    They were really happy days. I've read biographies of all the people my mother worked for and I don't recognise their lifestyles as they all seemed to enjoy pots of tea mother made them. Though I've since been told she saw a lot of things that curled her hair!

    I'm still a tea addict and I still live in the bungalow (Mother remarried and moved into a bigger house).

    Thought you'd like the story.

    Moira.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Moira.

    Thank you for the fascinating post, Moira, and I have to say I'm more the envious that you got to meet George. It seems as though you had one fantastic time there.

    I have seen many photographs of Henley-on-Thames and it looks a cracking place, very pretty, yet with all the convenience of easy access to London.

    I do hope that you didn't suffer any during the winter flooding. I heard several houses really did suffer during the winter months.

    Best wishes
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete