Monday 26 May 2014

Flora Tea's Flying Snow

As today is a bank holiday, I have the wonderful chance to try lots of tea's that need a little time to brew and enjoy.

Flora Tea kindly sent me a selection box of their beautiful flowering tea's, so this morning, I decided to brew one. I absolutely love the magic of flowering tea's. It is mesmerising to watch them unfold and develop into a beautiful flower.

Today I chose Flying Snow. It's a tea that contains a yellow flower, but also coconut fruit fiber. You can see the fiber dance around in the water, and it does resemble snow!

Each flowering tea is carefully packaged in it's own protective foil envelope.

 
Each tea comes tightly bound in a handmade ball. They are small enough to fit into the palm of my hand!

Upon opening the foil package the tea smells very herbal like. But, from previous experience this does not always represent the final tea. 

I popped the tea in the glass and watched it develop. It is always so much fun to go from this small ball of tea to a bright yellow flower in less then a minute!

In the photo above you can see the coconut fruit fiber dancing around in the water!



This tea is really delightful to watch. The previous flowering tea that I wrote about on this blog, Lily Fairy made a very different flower. That tea was very tall and thin, whereas the flower in Flying Snow was bright yellow and very large! Of course, when you pick the tea you do not know what flower it will blossom into - and that is part of the surprise.

Flying Snow tea brews to a pale amber colour. It is slightly herbal in taste, but there is a sweet after taste which is really pleasant.

The flavour is delicate and is very reminiscent of a gardenia tea that I've tried recently. It has floral tones to it, but is gentle and sweet. It was a refreshing tea.

Whilst trying this tea, I did get caught up on some jobs and the tea cooled quite a lot, which seemed to bring the sweetness out even more. This is a perfect candidate for a iced tea on a hot day!

I really enjoyed Flying Snow. I love the sweetness to it. It's very cooling and refreshing on a warm day.

For more information on Flying Snow and Flora tea please visit their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment