Monday 5 May 2014

Colne Valley Tea: Strawberry Cream: Bliss, Bliss, Bliss!


Earlier today I reviewed a winter tea, so now, I'm going to the other end of the spectrum and reviewing a tea that is all about summer. And what do we love during summer? Strawberries and cream!

Colne Valley Tea Company kindly sent me some samples of their Strawberry Cream tea. What is very unique about this tea is that it's not a fruit tea, it's actually a green tea! Most green tea's I've come across so far on my green tea journey have been either lemon or peach based. This tea is totally different.

When I opened the packet of this tea I was stunned at the wonderful aroma. This wasn't a random strawberry flavouring that I smelt, this tea smelt of freshly picked strawberries. It was out of this world! I could actually feel my mouth salivating as the mere smell of it. I couldn't wait to get going with this tea.


As well as featuring real strawberry pieces, this tea also contains sunflower blossoms, which is what you can see in the photograph above. You can also just about see the large green tea leaves as well. 

I brewed this tea for a three minutes. The picture below was taken half way through brewing so doesn't really do the tea much justice. When fully brewed this tea makes a wonderful amber colour.

 
Where do I start with this tea? It's hard to know but I'll try!

Firstly, this tea features real strawberry pieces, and you get that strange, (almost hairy!) texture that you get from real strawberries. It really is a tea that appeals to all of your senses. It's lovely to smell, lovely to see and lovely to taste.

Also present, rather wonderfully, is a creamy taste to the tea. It's utterly fabulous, and really reminds me of one of those creamy strawberry yoghurts that supermarkets sell under their 'Finest' range.

It's rich, smooth and luxurious. It's also incredibly moreish, but I have to restrain myself with this tea, as I currently only have a sample size, which is enough for a second cup of tea. Until the time (soon hopefully!) when I can purchase a full sized pack, I will be saving this wonderful tea for a special occasion - if I can hold out of course!

It's hard to believe that this tea is not a fruit tea but a green tea. It has none of the grassy elements that you get with green tea and certainly none of the bitterness that you can sometimes get if you don't brew a green tea correctly.

I can honestly say that Strawberry Cream is one of the most unique green tea's I've tasted so far on my green tea journey. It's so sweet, so heavenly that only it would be hard to find any fault whatsoever with this tea!

I would class Strawberry Cream, along with Twining's Rhubarb and Custard as being like a dessert in a cup. This reminds me so much of a really posh strawberry yoghurt, which I love but cannot have on Weight Watchers. It feels as though your having something really naughty, but without any of the bad calories that come with such a treat.

If your really looking for a green tea that doesn't taste much like a green tea, I'd highly recommend this blend.

I can't say much more other then it's totally fabulous.

Click here for more information on Strawberry Cream. And go on, treat yourself to this wonderful tea. I would go out on a limb and say, if you like strawberries and cream, you'll love this tea. You won't be disappointed with it. I certainly wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment