Friday 23 May 2014

Tea Palace: Organic Rose Grey - Gorgeousness In A Mug.


Yesterday, I wrote about my trip to London and, in particular, my visit to Tea Palace who are based in Covent Garden.

Honestly, I found it so hard to choose what to buy, the choice that Tea Palace have is plentiful. As I have a real love of floral based tea's, I finally, (after much deliberation and eyebrow raising from mum!) opted for Organic Rose Grey.

What is lovely about Tea Palace is that the customer service assistant will open up their huge caddy's so you can enjoy the aroma of the tea before buying. When I smelt this tea, I instantly fell in love with it.

The assistant carefully weighed out the tea and sealed it in a plastic bag before putting it in the caddy.

As you can see, Organic Rose Grey is a beautifully black tea, with pink rose petals.


Organic Rose Grey is not only pretty to look at, it's incredibly fragrant too. The scent of rose is very, very strong, and for me it is perfect - likewise this will be absolutely ideal for those who like floral tea's.

I placed a heaped teaspoon of the tea into my infuser. To brew this tea (and because the base tea is black tea) you can be quite tough with it. I poured freshly boiled water onto the tea and waited four minutes for it to brew as I wanted to have the really strong scent of rose come through. Here is a picture of the tea in the infuser.


I love that Tea Palace do not scrimp on the amount of rose petal's they use. As I have said, I used a heaped teaspoon and the amount of petals was more then generous.

It was an absolute pleasure to experience this tea as it was brewing. The aroma of the tea was mouthwatering and strong. This was not going to be a wishy washy tea.

I decided to brew this tea after a really busy day so as I sank down on the sofa, I took my first sip. 

And how glorious this tea is! I had let the tea cool a little before drinking it, and I couldn't believe how much like rose this tasted. It is fragrant and sweet, but does not have a artificial, perfume taste about it like some cheaper floral tea's can have. 

It has a very strong taste to it, and it could be a little overpowering for some, but I honestly believe if you love floral tea's this will be absolutely perfect for you. I fell in love barely a quarter of the way through the cup, and I was so glad I followed my instincts in the shop and opted for Organic Rose Grey.

What I really love about this tea is it reminds me of one of my favourite chocolate bars - Fry's Turkish Delight. Honestly, it's almost like you've melted a bar in the cup and are drinking it rather then eating it!

There is a gorgeous richness about this tea, and a element of unadulterated luxury. It's indulgent, perfect and warming. 

I like the natural flavour of this tea which means you are not left with a strange aftertaste that you can get with cheaper blends of floral tea's. (I experienced a truly awful rose tea whilst in Norfolk once which left a chemically taste in my mouth for hours). It tastes as though someone has just picked some petals fresh from the garden and brewed it with a tasty, malty and exceptionally high quality black tea. Perfect.

I purchased 100g's of this tea, along with the caddy, for £12.50, which I think is brilliant as not only is this a high quality tea, but, also you get quite a lot for your 100g's. I'm planning to visit again in September so hope to make this batch last till then, though, of course, you can purchase online.

If you'd like more information on Orangic Rose Garden please follow the link. Or, if you'd like to learn more about Tea Palace then please visit their homepage.

I'm really, really impressed with my first purchase from Tea Palace. And what a delightful purchase it was!

2 comments:

  1. pretty caddy and the looks pretty with the rose petals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's utterly beautiful. Look's nice, smell's nice and taste's nice! I have to say it is up there as one of the nicest tea's I've ever tasted!

      Delete