Friday 23 May 2014

Laura's Bargain B&M Buy: Twinings Sweet Summer Fruits.


When I arrived at Mum's house last week, she excitedly told me about the new B&M Bargains store that has opened near to her. Mum lives in London and the chain of shops is just starting to make a presence in the South. So, my brother drove us down there to have a look.

As I do with all shops I headed off to the tea aisle and found two amazing Twinings bargains. I brought two boxes of Defence tea at the very high price of 39p a box, and then, I stumbled across this little beauty.

Earlier this year I treated myself to the Delicate Earl Grey caddy, which is similar to this caddy. I paid £5 in Tesco's, which I think is a reasonable price for a lovely tea in a pretty caddy. Sweet Summer Fruits, which is part of the same line was one I had sort of wanted to try but I never came across it, until I saw it at B&M. And how much did I pay for this? £5 - no! £3 - no, £1- no! I got this wonderful caddy and twenty envelopes of tea for just 79p! I had to keep checking and even asked a member of staff and yes, it actually did cost me 79p!

Granted, the tea has to be drunk by August this year. But really, does tea go off? Well, it may go a little stale but I doubt slightly out of date tea would kill you! Besides, I can't see this lasting much past June!

Anyway, this evening, as I was wondering what to try I had remembered about this little gem and decided to make a brew.

As with all of the caddy's in the line, the tea comes in it's own envelope.


The tea is a black tea that has added fruit flavours. The flavours listed includes:

  • Elderberry
  • Strawberry & Vanilla Flavourings 
  • Strawberry Pieces 
  • Orange Pieces 
  • Marigold Petals 
  • Rose Petals
The brewing instructions say you can brew it for four to five minutes so that's what I did. I boiled the tea and left it to brew whilst I did couple of jobs. I came back into the kitchen to find it filled with a lovely fruity aroma.

I really enjoyed this tea. I loved the strong black tea base, and the sweet flavours really complimented the black tea. If you like your brews strong but with a little extra this is a great blend for you.

There was a unique taste to this tea. Although the strawberry was lovely, I felt the elderberry was the stronger of the flavours. I've never experienced elderberry in a tea before, and it really works. It makes for a really different taste. I can't quite put my finger on it it, but it's refreshing and totally lovely. I'm really glad I stumbled across this tea.

I am not really sure why the tea is so cheap, considering it was in a caddy. Besides the date, I think it may be a caddy issue. As you can see above the caddy is grey but on Twining's website it's red. Either way, I couldn't turn my nose up at such a bargain.

This is a fantastic tea that doesn't need milk as the flavours are so sweet, so it's perfect if your cutting down on milk, or cutting it out entirely. Also, you don't need sweeteners, so if your dieting, it's brilliant.

If your in B&M do have a look around to see if you can find a caddy.

If you'd like more information on Twinings Sweet Summer Fruits please visit Twinings Online Store.






No comments:

Post a Comment