Sunday 27 April 2014

Adagio's Red Bloom Flowering Tea: So Beautiful To Watch, So Lovely To Taste


My friend, Rebecca, who writes the wonderful Good Coffee, Good Tea blog has been very kind to send me samples of different tea's. She has been very positive about Adagio's tea, and kindly sent me a couple of tea's to try. One of them, I was surprised to see, is this wonderful flowering tea.

I've always loved, and wanted to try, flowering tea's, but to be honest, unless you have a glass cup or mug or a glass pot it's pretty pointless as you simply can't see what happens. I was kindly sent a glass mug from Dan at Chash tea  so Rebecca kindly sent me a flowering tea.


Upon opening the sealed packaging I saw the wonderful, handwoven tea. This tea is a black tea. It has a wonderful aroma of chocolate to it, which I really loved. It's surprisingly weighty, too.


On the packaging it said to pour boiling water on this tea and leave to infuse for five minutes. So I did just that. Within seconds of adding the water, the ball of tea started to bob around and unfurl.

 
The ball started to uncurl and open up. It was like watching something coming alive in front of my eyes. I was absolutely mesmerised by this tea. In fact it's like a flower coming into bloom and watching the process on fast forward.

 
It grew bigger and bigger and bigger!


Finally, the flower started to emerge. It was a pale pink colour (though it looks yellow here). It was so exciting to see it emerge from within the tea's leaves.

 
 As the flower was emerging, the tea was also brewing and it soon developed into a light amber colour.


The five minutes of brewing time just flew by. This photograph was taken at the end of the brewing process. As you can see it's now deep amber colour and the pink flower has fully emerged. I utterly loved every minute of the brewing process. It was enchanting, almost magical to watch. To think this lovely little flower emerged from a ball of tea that resembled a tiny ball of brown wool was astounding. 

The whole process was beautiful but what would the tea actually taste like?

The tea was made up of a black tea from China. I found it to be absolutely tasty. It was fairly strong, not at all weak, but pleasantly so. It was not bitter, I did not feel the need to add sweetener to it. It was perfect on it's own.

Despite it's strength it was also kind of delicate as well, and there are certainly tones of chocolate in this tea. It's really gorgeous. I found it to be wonderfully tasty and refreshing. I did worry slightly that the element of the flowering tea may mask a not very good tea to taste. I was utterly wrong. The tea is obviously of a very high quality and thoroughly lovely to drink.

There is also a floral element to the taste which meant it is a tea which has flavours on many different levels. With one sip you get tones of chocolate, but on another sip, it's slightly floral. The two tastes combined together make for a interesting cup of tea.

This is a beautiful tea both inside and out. It's pleasing and exciting to look at, but, at the same time, it's tasty and you get a really satisfying cup of tea from it. The content does certainly match up to the style. The two work hand to hand to provide a truly special tea. 

This is the first tea from Adagio that I've tasted and I'm certainly very impressed. But, it's also given me a tea experience I won't forget in a hurry.

I can't thank Rebecca enough for sending me this utterly beautiful tea. 

If you'd like more information on Adagio Tea UK and it's lovely Red Bloom tea, please follow this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment