Sunday 20 April 2014

Chash Tea: Venetian Rose, A Tea of Simple Beauty.


Sometimes, a tea comes along that is utterly beautiful. Not just tasty, not just aromatic. Not just enjoyable, but utterly, wonderfully, beautiful. Chash Tea's Venetian Rose is beautiful.

I was sent some tea from Chash to review on here, and it was a mixture of both loose tea and tea pouches.  This evening I decided to try a tea from it's tea pouch range. It was hard to choose, but ultimately, I settled on Venetian Rose.

I didn't know too much about this tea, so I brewed it blindly.

The tea comes in a triangular pouch. Inside the pouch you can see all of the dark tea leaves alongside dried rose buds. It's nice to look at. Sadly, I couldn't get a photograph as my camera battery died on me. But you can slightly see it above.

Due to it being called Venetian Rose, I assumed, wrongly, that there would be a strong scent of rose. But,  instead I picked up the smell of pure black tea, which in itself is lovely.

Being a black tea, I boiled the kettle and let it cool for only a short while before adding the water. I brewed for around four minutes.

Included in this tea, are tea's from China, India and Sri Lanka. I've recently started to drink tea's from Sri Lanka and it's a really different black tea. It's every so slightly sweet and brings a different dimension when blended with black tea's from different countries.

The aroma of this tea is wonderful. The black tea has it's strong scent, but within that is a delicate floral scent. It's not overly strong, but it isn't masked by the strength of the black tea base. I couldn't possibly tell what this was going to taste like as it was already so different to what I was expecting.

Taking my first sip I deeply enjoyed the familiar taste of the black tea. My current obsession with green tea has meant that black tea has ever so slightly been put on the back burner for a while, so it was good to taste a really fine black tea. It is robust, as black tea's generally are.

The taste of rose bud is very fragrant and very enjoyable. It's gentle, discreet even, but it works really well with the strong taste of black tea.

You can take this tea with milk, but it's been a long time since I've added milk to tea, so I prefer now to take it black so I can really experience all the tastes the tea has to offer. I feel that by adding milk, you could potentially loose the delicate taste of rose bud.

Drinking this tea is like being embraced by someone you love deeply. It's comforting, warming and lovely. Every sip is beautiful, and you experience a variation of flavours from the strong black tea to the light and breezy rose bud.

Because of the high quality of the tea used the flavours are strong but not undrinkable as lesser quality black tea's can be.

When I finished this cup of tea, I felt relaxed. But also, like I had experienced something really quite lovely and very special.

This is one blend of tea I won't easily forget. Chash tea have blended a truly wonderful tea, which, I hope is enjoyed by many.

For all the information on you may need on Venetian Rose please click here.

I would highly recommend you try this utterly gorgeous tea. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and will be purchasing a pack as soon as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment