Monday 14 April 2014

Mighty Leaf Green Tropical: Oh, For the Love Of Liquid Pineapple


As readers will know, I love green tea. I also love pineapple, whether it be in a fruit salad or an upside down cake. On a pizza or on top of a sizzling gammon steak. Quite frankly, pineapple is one of the best fruits, ever.

Mightly Leaf Tea have joined some of my two favourite things together to make a ideal tea. Obviously it contains green tea, but it is flavoured with pineapple and guava. It's tropical, tangy and tantalising!

As soon as I opened the packet, the smell of pineapple warmed my heart. It really does smell like fresh, natural pineapple.



As normal, I took the kettle off the boil just before it reached boiling point. I waited for it to cool for a few extra minutes. Then, I let it brew. It says on the packet three minutes is fine, but I'm always doubtful about that length of time because I've never known green tea to be brewed for that long, so I went with my instincts and kept to a maximum of two minutes.

Just as I was about to drink the tea there was a visitor at the door so I didn't get to drink it straight away. It had cooled for about five minutes. On taking my first sip, I could strongly taste the pineapple which was, quite frankly, utterly gorgeous.

Now, I have to confess that I don't know much about guava. But, there was a slightly bitter taste to this tea, which I assume came from that. Not unpleasant, but it did slightly mar for me the tea in general. I think I would of preferred a pure pineapple tea.

But that, really is just a small thing. Overall I enjoyed this brew. It's a great thirst quencher and it would be a good candidate for a iced tea.  It would also be an ideal candidate for a light after dinner drink, too.

Recently I've tried a couple of tropical teas and enjoyed them, and I did enjoy this very much indeed. But, if your not keen on guava, then this may not be the tea for you!

If you'd like more information on Green Tea Tropical then just click on the link to the left!



No comments:

Post a Comment