Monday 21 April 2014

Kandula's Spice Mango Tea Makes For A Brilliant First Cup Of The Day!





Kandula's Spiced Mango green tea infusion is an aromatic tea, that is a perfect "wake me up tea" if taken first thing in the morning or as a early afternoon pick me up when your energy levels are low but you don't want anything high in caffeine.

Initally, I didn't realise that this was a green tea, I thought it was a fruit one instead, so when I looked closely at the tea you can see pieces of mango interwoven with green tea leaves. This was going to be perfect, right up my street.




Having a quick look at the Kandula website, (the site is full of information) I was interested to read that the tea is spiced with cardamon. It's a very strong, potent spice and wondered how it would work in the tea.

Brewing this tea is a delight because the mango is very evident straight away. I love mango it's very sweet and in tea it gives off a wonderful aroma, particulary through the brewing process.

I brewed this for perhaps a little longer then I should of.

However, the slight over brewing for me did not detract from the lovely taste at all. The mango is sweet and it's paired wonderfully with the spicy kick of the cardamon.

The cardamon in itself is very spicy, which I really enjoy. It really hit's your tongue with force and you are left in little doubt that this is a spicy tea. In fact, I think cardamon could be used with lemon instead of the traditional ginger to make a very different tea. I love how it dances across your tongue, making your tastebuds come alive. It's a fabulous spice to use in a tea.

I would highly recommend this tea. It makes for a lively change from the normal lemon and ginger and really gives you a powerful kick start in the morning, and I think it would give you a lovely boost if your feeling under the weather.

To mix these flavours with green tea is also inspiring.

Kandula's motto is "Drink with joy" and you certainly will with this tea!




No comments:

Post a Comment