Tuesday 22 April 2014

Chash Tea's Chrysanthemum Tea. A Utterly Perfect Tea.


Firstly, I must apologise for lack of photographs in this post, but, as usual, my phone battery died during the brewing of this tea which I found really frustrating, but, I wanted to review this tea tonight when the wonderful taste was still fresh in my mind.

If I could give Dan from Chash Tea a virtual hug I would, because, this tea is really rather extraordinary, and without him sending me this as a sample, I would never of been able to enjoy tasting it.

I will freely admit that I'm not a huge fan of herbal tea. I've tried camomile, which, to my unrefined tongue, tastes like wet grass. But, there is something very special about the dried flowers that drew me in and I've been wondering for days what it will taste like. (I was away at Easter and didn't have access to a teapot so have been relying on teabags).

As I brewed this tea, I was still a little unsure, as it does smell very herbal.  But, as I watched the small buds uncurl and brew, natural interest in this tea went way beyond any doubts I may have had.

It brewed to a light amber colour. This tea is like a mini version of the wonderful flowering tea's I've seen around that haven't managed to try  just yet.

Still, at this point I was reluctant. It looked like it was a beautiful tea, but would it taste like one?

The honest truth is ... it's absolutely gorgeous. Oh the taste, it's going to be very hard to put into words what this taste's like, but I'll try!

This isn't an overpowering tea. It's very, very delicate. It' has a herbal taste to it, but it's very different to camomile. There is a light sweetness to it, and it's very gentle.

I sipped the tea slowly at first, but as I started to enjoy the wonderful taste, I have to admit, I consumed the rest of the cup rather quickly. Some things you should sit and savour, but are just too nice to do so.
Luckily, I had enough to brew a second cup which I did drink slowly.

This is just such a unique tea, it's really rather hard to put into words how it tastes. It has a floral taste to it, wonderfully natural.

It's very light and refreshing.

According to Chash Tea's website, Chrysanthemum tea also is very good to take when your not feeling well. It can help reduce temperatures, help a sore throat and help you recover from colds and flu.

If you like herbal tea's then this is a must for you to try. But if your not keen or new to herbal, it's delicate enough to try without overpowering you. I cannot fault this tea in anyway. It tastes good, looks beautiful and had a very different aroma that is pleasant.

For more information on this extraordinary tea please visit Chash Tea's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment