Saturday 19 April 2014

Laura's Bargain Buy: Banana And Cinnamon From Typhoo






Earlier this week, Rebecca from Good Coffee, Good Tea let me know that she had been in B&M Bargains and had seen this Banana and Cinnamon tea.

I love banana and recently enjoyed my banana weetabix very much. I've wanted to try a banana tea for ages, but not many tea companies use this super fruit in their blends.

So, I trotted off to B&M and found, to my delight, that they had plenty of boxes of this tea. They cost 39p each for 20 envelopes. Or, you could by 3 for £1.00. Naturally I opted for the 3 for £1.00. And am I glad that I did.

I've not really tasted much Typhoo tea before. It's not a brand that my parents used, so I wasn't too sure about what the quality of this tea would be like.

As this is a fruit tea, I boiled the kettle and let it brew while the postman dropped off a parcel for me. When I came back into the kitchen, the aroma of banana was gorgeous.

When I took my first sip I fell totally in love with the tea. The banana flavour, much to my delight, was strong. The cinnamon, though present was not overly strong, or over powering. It was just right and added a wonderful balance to the tea.

The banana was sweet, moreish and delightful.

This tea was really up my street. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was a total bargain for the price. If you can source this - and it won't be easy - then pick up some boxes. It's really gorgous.

My best bargain find, ever!

4 comments:

  1. I'm drinking it as we speak and would agree with your pithy and concise review Laura.
    Problem is,now that we've recommended it B&M will probably soon sell out of it!!

    Regards

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment, Pete, and I hope you are enjoying your Banana and Cinnamon tea.

    I can quite agree that B&M may run out! Perhaps I should of kept quiet about this tea!

    I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe will enjoy some of the others I've posted.

    Best wishes
    Laura x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Laura.

    We're all having a natter about our favourite cuppa over at The Enid Blyton Society Forum right now.
    You may find the thread interesting,as posters are posting their comments about their favourite tea from all over the world!

    Best Wishes

    Pete

    http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6207&p=200609#p200609

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Pete. I will pop over!

    ReplyDelete