Sunday 6 April 2014

Tetley Mango and Passionfruit Green Tea: Will It Be As Good As Peach And Apricot????

(Imagine from Tesco's website)

As you will know, I'm a great fan of Tetley's recently released green tea range. The frustrating part is I'm finding it very hard to source where I live. But between two friends I managed to try the tea and now have a box of the glorious peach and apricot in the kitchen cupboard!

Another of their tea's is Mango and Passionfruit. I love mango and I love passionfruit. Passionfruit works well in tea, as I described when I recently reviewed Twinings Sunny Peach and Passionfruit.

I was so excited to try this tea. So this afternoon I decided to try it and boy, did I enjoy it!

As this tea was brewing, I could smell the sweet smell of mango. I thought peach was the perfect tea to smell whilst brewing but mango is up there, too!

With green tea, and I must stress this as I haven't done so before, it's vital that you brew it right. So I would recommend that you either boil the kettle and let it cool for a minute or so or switch the kettle off just before it reaches full ping. If you pour boiling hot water on green tea, then it scolds the leaves and you get that awful bitter taste that is so often found with green teas.

I brewed this for just over a minute - that is all green tea needs.

The strongest taste of this tea has to be mango. It's deliciously sweet. The passionfruit adds a slightly sharper taste to the tea. It's a good blend. However, you do get the taste and smell of green tea much more strongly then you do with the peach and apricot blend, so if your unsure about the taste of green tea, or, if your not keen on it, then I would go with the peach and apricot one instead.

For me, anyway, this tea leaves a slight aftertaste in the mouth after you have finished the cup. It's not unpleasant at all, mind, but it is there. I think it's the passionfruit, I haven't quite decided yet! :-)

Overall, this is a brilliant blend, and thumbs up once again to Tetley who have created some marvelous green tea blends.

Out of the two blends I've tried before, peach and apricot wins hands down, but that is not to say this is an unpleasant tea, quite the contrary. This is a fruit filled delight and a scrummy one at that.

IF you are lucky enough to find this, then do try and let me know how you get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment