Thursday 17 April 2014

Chash Tea's Simply Glorious Damask Rose Bud Tea


The tea world is massive. Just when you think you've seen every tea company, another one will pop up. I will admit that I stumbled across Chash Tea almost by accident, but I'm very glad that I did.

I was, quite frankly, amazed when Dan from Chash Tea sent out a set of samples for me. Not only did he include a extensive collection of tea, he also kindly sent me a glass cup and infuser.


It really was a thoughtful gesture, and I am very much looking forward to seeing tea's brew in this lovely cup.


Chash Tea pride themselves on being a seller of high quality tea's. You will find them stocked in restaurant's, cafe's and museum's as well as art galleries and theaters.

I was told by Dan, in a email, that their tea's will be very different to what I've experienced so far. This intrigued me and I couldn't wait to get started.

I chose Damask Rose Bud Tea, partly out of curiosity, and partly because, as you can see, the buds looked so very pretty.


They look, smell and feel absolutely beautiful. I couldn't stop looking at them and it seemed a shame to brew them, but that is what they were sent for! But even now, looking at the photo, I still can't believe a tea could look quite so beautiful.

Now I'm new to infusers and glass cups, so I was a little bit apprehensive at first. But, took a deep breath and dove in!


I filled up the infuser with a heaped teaspoon of the rose buds. They fitted perfectly in the wonderful infuser, which I love. I boiled the kettle and let it cool for a few minutes, and then poured the water over the infuser which, obviously, was placed in the cup.


I watched the rose buds brew with awe. I could see the rose buds unfurl inside the infuser, and gently the tea changed from being simple, plain water, to a light yellow liquid. I have never, ever seen a tea brew like this before as I only have traditional pots, not glass pots, and I found it mesmerising. I could not take my eyes off it.


When brewing was complete this was the end product. A very light coloured liquid with a ever so slight pink hue to it. I was so excited. The glass mug was fantastic and I'm really grateful for Dan's kind thought.

I have experienced several rose tea's which I totally love. I wasn't sure what to expect with this tea. When I imagine rose tea's I imagine very fragrant floral tones, but this wasn't what I noticed here. I was quite surprised.

Damask Rose Bud tea has a very subtle aroma to it. You can smell that it's a flower, it has a earthiness to it which is interesting, but it doesn't have the strong, sometimes artificial scent you can have in some rose tea's. It's floral tea in it's pure, natural form.

Taking my first sip I fell totally and utterly in love. As I warmed my hands around the cup (it was very early this morning and I was chilly), I took a sip and just knew that this was something that appealed to me.

The taste was just so delicate and refreshing and the taste of rose buds was very, very different to what I imagined it to be. This wasn't overly perfumed, it wasn't artificial at all. It just felt very natural and it was just so lovely.

When drinking this tea, I felt as though I were having something that was healthy and good for me. But, at the same time, this tea is the ultimate in luxury. You feel as though you are drinking something that costs hundreds of pounds.

I really can't put into words how lovely this tea was. Not just how it tasted but also how gorgeous it was to look at.

If you would like more information on Chash Tea and their wonderful Damask Rose Bud tea then please click here

Do not miss out on this lovely tea. Treat yourself to something that is pure luxury. You won't be disappointed.



No comments:

Post a Comment